CHAPTER 36

“Aaaaaah! Please help me!”

A young girl, slumped over by the wrecked wagon, screamed loudly.

Three ferocious demons were roaring around her.

The knights had already escaped after being attacked by the demons and left the lady on her own.

They weren’t really incompetent knights, but this was the result of not calculating prior to the situation, that there were distinct differences between a man-to-man battle and humans versus demons.

[Sounds of a girl weeping.]

“…I shouldn’t have passed by this forest road… waahhhh.”

The girl regretted her choice to leave later than the scheduled time.

She encountered these demons because they took a shortcut into the woods that they were not familiar with. Just because the girl was already tired from the banquet that she had just attended.

Since they were unknown visitors to these parts of the woods, the demons excitedly ran towards them and bit her neck.

“Anyone, please… Help me! Help me please…!”

She cried out with all of her remaining strength.

However, only a few carriages passed by this road since they were aware of the rumors that demons were living nearby this area.

Especially on a dark night like this.

The demons suddenly stopped moving, but at the same time, one of them jumped up and rushed over towards her.

“Aaaahhhhhh…”

She screamed from the top of her lungs, while she closed her eyes and covered her ears in fright.

But then, she didn’t feel the pain that she was expecting.

Since she clearly closed her eyes after confirming that the demons were going to jump at her, she didn’t notice anyone approaching them silently.

Then she saw the three demons bleed black blood and a man, who was holding a sword, standing right in front of her.

Seeing the black blood dripping from his sword, the girl felt a little frightened, but when she saw the man’s face, her face color suddenly brightened.

“Warrior!”

As the moonlight shone upon him, his black-blue hair and face were now clearly visible.

Perhaps there was no one in the Kingdom who didn’t know the face of the famous Warrior, who was the only person who could fight face to face with any demons.

“Thank you so much for saving my life, Warrior!”

The girl slowly rose from her seat with trembling legs. It was just a little embarrassing that her dress was a bit dirty from the mud on the ground.

But what she felt right now was far different from shame.

“…So cool.”

It was not unusual to have a crush on the person who rescued her from such a dangerous situation.

Furthermore, it was even better since the person who saved her was famous and handsome.

After wiping the blood off the sword and putting it back into its sheath, the Warrior slowly approached the girl.

“Ah, Warrior?”

Even though the girl was still trembling from what had just happened, she still bowed her head as she approached the Warrior without hesitation.