CHAPTER 18

“Oh, no! You shouldn’t be refusing to move to a better place!”

“I told you. There’s no need.”

“It’s much wider and more luxurious than here. I’m sure you’ll like it. Plus, since it’s on the third floor, you get a much better view.”

Third floor?

I poked Haron’s leg.

‘If it’s on the third floor, then it’s the fancy place where the lord’s room was located last time, right?’

As far as I can remember, there’s the lord’s room, a private safe, and a VIP room. Those were the important ones, and the security was tight.

So, I haven’t had the chance to search through them yet. If Haron’s room is moved there, then it’ll be easier for me to secretly search.

Haron flinched slightly at my touch, but he didn’t turn his head right away. Instead, he slightly glanced.

‘I want to move.’

“…”

I mouthed those words. His eyes rolled as if he understood what I said, and he opened his mouth after a slight cough.

“Since you said that, I’ll think about it.”

“As expected! You’ve finally come to your senses, haven’t you? All right, I’ll let him know to finish cleaning and organizing the room.”

He bowed to Haron, then turned around and walked out. On his way out, he subtly glanced around as if looking for me.

Haron jumped and helped me up as soon as the man had left.

“Are you alright? I hid you in a hurry.”

“I’m fine.”

I brushed off my skirt. Haron was restless even though I wasn’t hiding for long.

“I’m sorry for this inconvenience.”

“You’re sorry again. It was fun in its own way. Hm, a little like… hiding in fear of being caught in a secret relationship from a strict family.”

“…”

“It’s a little thrilling. Let’s do this again next time.”

I said that with a grin.

***

Haron’s room was moved the next day. It was definitely better than the previous one. The new room had wide and luxurious flooring, fine carpets, embroidered curtains, and many other nice decorations.

The basic furniture in the old room was incomparable to this.

“This should be the warrior’s room. Isn’t it nice?”

I said while organizing the window curtains in a proud face. The previous room had a window which was covered by a wall from a different building, so it didn’t even get proper sunlight.

“Are you happy?”

“Of course, it’s nice. But you need to enjoy what you receive, especially since you’re the warrior. Aren’t you the hero of the country?”

“Lucia is the only one who has said that.”

Haron smiled and said. He looked at the clock for a moment, dropped his teacup, and got up from his seat.

“Now that I have work to do, I have to be away for a while, so Lucia should take a break.”

“Well, you’re the only one telling the maid to rest.”