CHAPTER 43

At Shiana’s request, they decided to have the dessert to be served outside in the garden terrace.

Haron didn’t think much of it. He thought of staying for a bit and then disappear. That was the thought.

After the Emperor left, Haron thought that Shiana would be shy enough to approach him, and unexpectedly she became more livelier than before.

“Then, have you ever been to the eastern continent?”

“No. I just met a few merchants from there.”

“Aha, I heard that the merchants from the east sell a lot of interesting items, so what did you buy from them?”

“Well, I just remembered buying some medication that I could use.”

“Ah…”

Shiana then gave off a warm smile. It wasn’t a very exciting conversation, it was more like a question and answer between a superior and a subordinate.

Nevertheless, because of their outstanding beauty, people would look at them like a masterpiece.

Her hair shows a red due when being reflected by the sunlight, while Haron’s black and blue hair flutters in the wind.

The maids passing by were secretly spying on them.

“If it’s okay with you, I’d love to hear about your adventures.”

“There’s really nothing interesting about it.”

“Actually… I like that kind of topic.”

“Something like that?”

Shiana whispered in a low voice as if telling a secret.

“I have loved adventure stories since I was a kid. I also read a lot of stories about monsters and demons.”

“…Is that so?”

“I was often scolded for being a tomboy. My mother once cut my hair into a bob style, because I had all kinds of dirt on my head.”

As if recalling her childhood, she smiled with an innocent face and waited for Haron’s response.

“I see.”

‘…Seriously, is that all? Compared to all the random things that I’ve shared, that is the only response that I’ve got?’

Fortunately, after waiting a little longer, Haron opened his mouth again. This time, he was smiling a little.

“I’m quite familiar with it.”

“What?”

“With your short red hair, I remember you running around the Imperial Palace everyday.”

His eyes were folded like a crescent moon.

“So it was you.”

“Oh… I guess we met when we were just kids.”

“You must have forgotten about it, or are you pretending to forget?”

Shiana took a deep breath as her smile turned slightly wistful and pitiful. Her voice trembled as she spoke.

“Haha… I could never forget such a handsome face.”

“That was a long time ago.”

Haron, who had been staring from a distance, turned his gaze back to Shiana. She still wore a beautiful smile on her face.

“The princess was definitely a tomboy. It was to the point that, when she was bored and played a game of hitting stones in my head.

However, in his next words, Shiana’s face hardened in an instant.