CHAPTER 20

(3rd person pov)

Haron has been in a pretty tiring situation for the past few days. It was quite exhausting to lead troops to the borderline, for he was in charge of all the miscellaneous matters, including being the lord’s escort and commanding the soldiers while finding a place to rest.

Thanks to that, the lord was able to move around comfortably in the carriage.

“Warrior, where should we take our next break?”

“That last village near the border is coming soon. Let’s take a break in that place on the open street.”

“Okay.”

Even though Haron had a lot of work to do, he didn’t feel less tired than usual, but instead, he felt more encouraged today.

‘Come back.’

He smiled as he remembered what she said and felt a tickle in his heart. Anyone would say that she was a natural beauty, but that wasn’t the only thing he liked about her.

“Come… back.”

He felt those words ringing in his ears again and again. Those words meant that she will be waiting when he gets back. Every time he chewed on that fact, he felt some unknown feeling rise in his heart.

The job of the warrior is to wander around. It can be a battlefield or a dungeon, for he was always busy fighting with his sword and had nowhere to return.

He was still staying at the lord’s castle, but it wasn’t a place where he would want to go back to, and the same goes for the duke’s residence.

But now, he had a place to go back to, for a person is waiting.

“… Let’s get going.”

The break lasted for less than 30 minutes, but Haron hurried to be on the way again. He wanted to go back as soon as possible, and it’s been a while since he had felt this way.

He rode the horse and guided the wagon for a couple of more hours to the border. Originally, the person who is there for pickup needed to be there earlier, so he waited for Mr. Altor, who had not yet arrived.

Marquis Altor is the central noble of the empire. In addition to not knowing who will be coming and when they will arrive, they have to make sure the deal goes smoothly.

Fortunately for Haron, that’s the part the lord will take of, for he’s a very reliable person in that area.

“You can see the pattern at the top over there!”

A soldier’s cry could be heard from a distance. Looking more closely, several luxurious carts and wagons were coming this way on the hillside road.

“Let’s get ready to meet.”

The lord, who has been stretching around in the carriage, crept out and said. Then, as if he had been waiting, he climbed onto the horse and drove it out to the front. Meanwhile, Haron was busy leading the other soldiers.

Before long, someone had stopped in front of them. The person riding on the horse at the front was a young man.

“Oh – Lord Elves. Long time no see.”

“Gosh. Isn’t it Carl. You could’ve just sent an agent if you’re going to this countryside yourself.”

Carl Altor. The young man is the eldest son of Marquis Altor and one of the people who have a strong influence in the present empire.

He is said to have taken the forms of courtesy and morality although his business skills and behavior are outspoken because he resembles his father.

There was also a saying that if the Marquis fell ill from eating something and died, Carl would succeed in his position, and there would be no successful business in the empire without his involvement.