CHAPTER 35

(3rd person pov)

With every step she took, the hem of her black dress moved.

Brilliant silver hair fluttered in the light wind. Even though her face was covered with a mask, the heavy atmosphere and invisible gaze entangled them.

“Or have you come here to feed the children? That’s not a bad thing.”

Contrary to the dazzlingly alluring atmosphere, the words she uttered were terrifyingly eerie.

As the woman approached, they couldn’t react. They forgot how to breathe and couldn’t even tell if their hearts were beating properly.

The two men lost the strength in their hands and dropped their pockets.

A few small jewels then tumbled out from it.

The masked woman approached them slowly and picked up the fallen jewels.

“Mahone stones…”

A short, sneering laugh echoed through the mask.

The chilled air creeped down the back of their necks.

Then they came to their senses and fell flat at her feet.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry! We just picked up the jewels that were on the ground…!”

The two of them trembled.

No matter who she was, they could only feel that the woman in front of them was a great being.

Lucia flicked the black jewels in her hand.

The number they took was not very large. Judging by the behavior of the two men, it was hard to see them as monster hunters.

They are probably thieves who came to pick up the mahone stones.

“It’s not even worth killing.”

She roughly waved her hand.

The monster, who had taken a step back quietly since Lucia appeared, started kicking again with a creaking sound.

The men once again groaned at the ferocious look and she spoke in a whisper.

“Move your feet right now. Get out of here.”

Having said that, Lucia turned around lightly.

The next moment, she heard the sound of breathing and running away from behind her back.

She moved on without hesitation.

“…There’s too much work to do.”

Lucia clicked her tongue lightly.

She walked further and further away and headed towards the high hills. Unlike the forest area where large trees and swamps were lined up, the hill was empty with only green weeds and fog.

Lucia whistled in the empty air.

“Elbrica-“

As if responding to her call, a great wind blew with a cry from afar.

The strong wind blew the grasses of the field, and a large bird with white wings flew in and sat there.

Although Elbrica was a baby that had been hatched from an egg less than two years ago, it was very large because of its race. She is the last remnant of the legendary Snow Wyvern clan.

[Please don’t take the child… take me, my lord.]

At the last request of the dying Snow Wyvern chief when the barrier was broken two years ago, she came to take care of the one who was about to wake up from the egg.