CHAPTER 53

The main hall was quiet.

Even considering that it was late at night, there was no sign of anyone breaking in.

Lucia muttered as she stepped onto the red carpet in the middle of the hall.

“It’s too quiet. Are you sure someone came in?”

[That’s right. There were already one or two demons who were beaten.]

“What?”

Hearing Deran’s words, her fast-moving footsteps came to a halt.

She turned her head to look at Deran with an expression on her face full of disbelief.

“What do you mean? Are you saying that the battle has already started?”

[I don’t know if I should call it a battle or something else… Because everyone passed out without fighting back properly.]

“…Really?”

[Yes. It was said that the demons weren’t killed, just stunned in one hit. Besides, the intruder hasn’t touched a single hair except for those who attacked him first…]

“Stop. You don’t have to explain any further.”

Lucia interrupted him. She then pressed her hand against her throbbing head.

It seemed that the situation was worse than she had expected.

‘For what reason?’

Even if she thought about it over and over again, there was no benefit that an ordinary human could gain by invading the Devil’s Castle.

Aiming for the mahone stone?

She wondered if he was a human with a story similar to Shud. But since Shud’s attempt to kidnap Tina in the beginning, nothing much has really happened.

‘Or maybe…’

Lucia thought about that, then shook her head to shake off her thoughts.

Now is the time to think about solutions rather than attempting to find a reason for the break in. She turned her head and gave the order to Deran.

“First, take the upper-middle-class demons to stop the intruder. If the damage seems to be severe, I will go stop him myself.”

[Even so, since we just delivered the news to the entire castle, everyone must be following us.]

“Okay. If anything happens, come straight to me.”

With that order, Deran withdrew. Lucia waited, without escaping, at her royal throne just in case the intruder came to her.

‘It’s been awhile. This situation…’

Lucia thought as she sat down on the empty throne.

She was in a similar situation two years ago when she fought the Warrior one-on-one.

‘Even then, the other guys were busy roaming the castle, and I sat here alone, waiting for him.’

The difference from back then was that she covered her face with a mask, and now she didn’t.

She awkwardly stroked her exposed face. The memories of her past slowly colored the inside of her head like a haze.

[Mawaaaan!]

However, breaking her thoughts, several black, round, small creatures ran towards her.

They rushed forward with their small bodies and quickly grabbed onto Lucia. Suddenly, she embraced them with both her hands.