CHAPTER 26

“Warrior, don’t you think that the Devil’s castle… is way quieter than we expected?”

Duke of Blake’s knight, Kozen, spoke slowly to Haron.

The Duke had generously supported all of the enlisted soldiers of the family, as if expressing that they really intended to exert great effort into subjugating the Devil.

Lord Icus, Lord Hermila, and Lord Kozen were also among the family’s outstanding knights.

Haron nodded, agreeing with him.

“It’s so quiet that it feels very suspicious.”

The barriers that protected the Devil’s Castle were almost completely broken. At this point, all of the Devil’s vassals and subordinates would have come out already and started to attack, but not a single soul was seen.

The silence further amplified the fears of the other soldiers.

The soldiers were all nervous and tightly grasped the weapons in their hands.

The Devil’s Castle, which was only known through rumors, was exuding more energy than they thought.

“After this…”

Haron wiped the sweat flowing down the edge of his chin. Breaking the barrier was by no means a simple task.

“It’s finally done.”

As Haron lifted his hand from the broken barrier, a tremendous thunder rang.

The barrier of the Devil’s Castle quickly turned into glimmering specks of dust that fell onto the floor.

Even in this situation, the huge fortress standing alone with its dark atmosphere and sparkling dust falling down its side looked incredibly beautiful.

The other soldiers couldn’t help but stare at this lovely scene for a little while.

‘Will I ever survive after this?’

Haron took a deep breath.

The Devil King was truly his lifelong enemy.

From the first day that he was declared to become the Warrior, Haron’s final goal was always about the Devil King.

Kill the Devil and save the world.

That was his main goal as the Warrior.

But of course this was what was decided by the higher ups, which happened to be the Temple and the Grand Duke.

So once he manages to defeat the Devil and save the princess… What will happen to him after that? Haron had never thought about it before. At least, not until recently.

“I’ll enter first.”

Haron stepped forward with his feet towards the entrance of the Devil’s Castle. He finally realized that this might be the end, and he didn’t know if he would be able to survive this or not.

‘I know you can accomplish anything. Since you are the Warrior, you can successfully complete any mission.’

Haron remembered the words that were said to him and also the person who said those words.

If… If he manages to kill the Devil King and wins this final task that was given to him, then maybe…

Haron bit his lips.

After all this, it wouldn’t be too late then to think about his own future.

~♡~

The door of the Devil’s Castle was slowly opened by Haron.