Chapter 13

Manik's POV

I took a quick shower and got dressed.  I was going to meet the child for the first time but didn't know what would I talk about.

C'mon Manik!! She is just a child... How difficult could it be to talk to a child??

It has been very easy to deal with Mahi. In this case, I don't even have to be an elder brother to that child.

As it is all I need to do is sign the cheques of her monthly allowance for all her expenses... Isn't it?

Then give her some advice when she chooses her career and find a suitable boy for her to get married to.  But there is a lot of time for that I guess.

But how would I start a conversation with her for the first time??

What if she speaks Gujarati only??

" Would she be staying here in the haveli or at the hostel??

I wish she stays at the hostel. I can't act as his brother or parents and babysit her.

Is she upset after the death of my grandfather?? What kind of a relationship did they share?? Does she miss him?? 

Anyway, I don't care about their relationship... I am going to have a somewhat formal relationship with her. But be a bit friendly so that she can come to me with her problem but I don't want to turn into an agony uncle for her.  Just a formal advisor being elder to her.

I called Chachi and told her that I was going to meet the child for the first time.

She wished me luck and told me to call her any time if I need help. I thanked her and went out.

Since I was not aware of the place and routes to be there, I asked for a driver and he came within two minutes as if he was standing outside the door.

I told him to take me to the best mall here.

After about twenty minutes, he stopped the car in front of a huge mall. Not bad!!

I took his number and asked him to wait for about an hour or so, he nodded and parked the car.

I went inside and was pleasantly surprised to see it was not much different from Delhi. The young crowd was behaving more or less in the same manner.

I saw the Starbucks and smiled, thank God!! Went in, and ordered a hot latte coffee and a muffin. I waited for the coffee and looked around and my eyes were stuck on something familiar.

Oh no!!

I think I have gone mad...

Am I in the middle of a nightmare??

Could be...

This can't be possible... But it was there right in front of me.

I saw the girl who slapped me sitting there with a man who was quite older than her. They both were sitting there talking very seriously.

Seriously?? Is it possible?? Maybe she is someone else...

I nodded and I took a deep breath. My order was ready and so was someone else's. I went to get my order and the moment I turned, I came face to face with her.

" YOU!!!!! " We both said in unison.

" Are you following me by any chance?? " She said glaring at me.

" Oh, please, I think it's the other way around. "  I said rolling my eyes.

" What?? You are saying that I followed you? Why would I do that??"  She asked.