Chapter 48

Manik's POV

" Oh, yes! I have seen, how you are handling yourself these days." My words were full of sarcasm.

" What are you trying to say? " She asked.

" That you are flirting with all the men present in our home, whether it is Sahaj, Viren or Ron. What are you trying to prove?? That you are not a child? That you are very desirable? That all my friends are flirting with you and they don't think that you are too young for them? "

Oh, God!! What did I say?? Why did I say that?? Am I going mad??

" You know what?? I don't know what has got into you... You are behaving weirdly. What have I done?? I am just behaving normally with your friends. Do you think that I am flirting with them?? Ask anyone of them, if I flirted with them or not... and if any of them would say that I did,  I would leave the house that instant and would appeal in the court to relieve you of being my guardian."

Shit!! She is hurt.

"  Listen, I didn't mean it... I am sorry. No need to overreact and create a scene now... "  I said.

" Of course, I am creating a scene as I am just an immature child... C'mon, call your friends and ask them. I am not like that, till date, I have felt those emotions only for you and I am so unfortunate that you think I am not good enough for you and that I am flirting..." She said with tears flowing from her eyes.

" Roshni... "

" Don't talk to me!! You think I am avoiding you? Yes, I am. Because... Well, I won't embarrass you again by repeating my feelings to you. I don't want to embarrass you in front of your friends and family, that a good for nothing, orphan child has a crush on you and you are trying to prove desperately that I am too young, it's ok!! I have understood that."  She said and tears were still flowing.

I didn't know what to say, I didn't mean to hurt her.

" You are in a relationship with her, so tell me, won't you get jealous if you see her with another man?? I can't help it if I am jealous too. So I am avoiding you... Please let me go away from this place, I don't want to come between both of you. " She said and started crying.

I was shocked at her outburst.

" Roshni... " 

" It's ok, Don't say anything... You have already said a lot and I heard it. Probably you were right, I am too immature, to understand the complicated world of grown-ups. They are confused about their life and what they want to do with it. I am better off as a child. You were right, I should not mix up with older men like you. I must talk to people of my age from now onwards. "  She said crying like a young girl.

I felt very bad, looking at her crying like that. Shit! I hurt her again.

My own eyes had become moist. I didn't want to see her broken like that.

" I am sorry, Roshni... I should not have said all that. I am sorry. "  I said going towards her but stepped back and shook her head.

" Yes, you should not have said that. You don't care about my feelings and think that I am just an immature child, but at least don't accuse me of all those things. "  She said and went to have water in the kitchen and I kept standing there thinking what have I done??

Yes, she had not flirted with anyone. She just smiled at them politely. Maybe because they all were my friends and they didn't misbehave with her or crossed the limit of decency.  She was just trying to be friendly.

I was thinking of going to the kitchen and apologise once again for everything I said that might have hurt her.

But just then Myra came downstairs and came to me directly.