Chapter 30

Manik's POV

I started going towards my room, she started walking beside me.

" You both are missing each other? "  She asked all of a sudden.

"  Hmmm! "

"  Are you sure she is the one? " She asked. 

" What?? " I asked.

" Are you sure, she is the one you want in your life?? "  She asked.

" Absolutely! "

" Are you in love with her?? "  She asked again looking into my eyes as if she was trying to read my mind.

" Yes. "  I said with as much conviction as could.

" And what about her?? " She asked with a raised eyebrow.

" Of course! " I said.

" I don't think so... "  She shook her head and said.

What the hell!!

" What do you mean? "  I asked with an offended look on my face.

" I mean, I have seen both of you together so many times, I have never felt that kind of emotion between you."  She said bluntly.

" Roshni, I have always liked her a lot for years, that's why I proposed to her and she likes me too that's why she accepted. "  I argued.

" Anyways... I am not an expert on relationships but I need to tell you something. "  She said looking into my eyes.

Oh, God!! No!

" Er... I need to go. "  I said.

" It will take just a few minutes... Please hear me out. " She said.

I was thinking of some excuse to avoid this conversation. Just then the phone rang and I thanked my stars and looked at the screen. It was Shlok, but I pretended that It was Myra.

" Hi, beautiful! " I said as Roshni was standing right in front of me. 

" Beautiful?? Are you out of your mind?? It's me!! Shlok. " He said sharply. 

" I know... "  I said.

" Then why the hell are you calling me as beautiful?? "  He asked.

" Don't be angry, love. Please try to understand. I was about to call you. But something came up. " I said.

" LOVE?? I am not your love... Oh, god!! Why are you talking like that?? Have you gone crazy?? " He asked.

Shut up, idiot!

I was about to scold him but Roshni was standing right there looking at me. I could not stop now.

" Oh, c'mon, jaan... Nothing is more important than you. I am crazy about you. Please don't be angry. "  I continued to act.

" What happened to you? Are you stoned? Or drunk? "  He yelled at me.

" Love, I am not avoiding you. When you called up earlier, I was in the middle of a meeting. You know I am always dying to talk to you, I miss you so much that I can't even explain. Only I know
how I am living here without you."  I said.

" Go to hell!! Call me when you are normal. " He disconnected the call.

I would explain it to him later on. I looked at Roshni she was listening with a sad expression on her face.  It seemed my act was working.

I felt bad for her, but she can't have a crush on me of all the people.

No!! I can't let that happen.