Chapter 19

Manik's POV

Just then I heard a voice which surprised me, " How dare you?? "

I turned to look at the source of the voice... and was shocked.

Oh God!!!

What the hell was she doing here?? She was supposed to be in college.

She didn't have time to talk to me but is free to come here??

And who was she shouting at??

I could not see as someone was standing in front of that man. I needed to go and solve this. As it is, she is my responsibility.  I excused myself and got to go.

" Sorry, sweetheart. " Just then I heard Bob's voice and saw that she was shouting at him. Even James got up hearing his brother's voice.

" Oh, God!! " He said.

We rushed to them. " What is the matter?? " I asked her. She was shocked to see me.

" What are you doing here?? Following me? "  She said.

" No!! I came here with friends. What are you doing here? Were you not busy at your college? " I asked. 

" So?? My classes got over. Am I supposed to clean the college after it gets closed? " She retorted with sarcasm.

" No! But you were supposed to come home, not wandering here and there when I'm wondering where are you? "  I said.

" Don't you understand that persuading me to stay with you is not your... " She was saying.

" Hey, Manik... you know her?? "  Bob asked with amusement.

" You know him?? " She also asked me. I just nodded my head at both the questions.

" Then tell him to behave and learn some manners. " She said.

" What have I done?? " Bob said.

" How dare you even talk to me like that? "  She barely reached his shoulder but was glaring at him.

" Bob, what did you say to her? Apologise to her. " James asked. 

" What? No way! It was just a simple compliment. She has beautiful eyes.  " He said.

" But who gave you the right to compliment me? " She yelled at him.

"  Awww... She is cute... Like a small firecracker. " Bob said again with a teasing smile.

" You!!! Tell him to get lost or I will slap him just like I slapped you at our first meeting. " She said.

I got embarrassed.

" She slapped you?? Why?? "  Bob asked with a grin.

I would slap him now, he was enjoying it a lot.

" Leave that... Be quiet, Bob, let me handle this. Roshni, see... he didn't intend to offend you. He is a foreigner and has come to our place. They are much more open and expressive. He just complimented you. You could have thanked him. He just said that you have beautiful eyes. It is such a nice compliment. What's wrong with that?? " I tried to calm her down.

" He also said that I have soft kissable lips. How can he say that?? He is not supposed to talk to me like that. " She said.

Oh, God! Of course, he should not have.

" Ok, I agree, he should not have but it is not a big thing to talk like this in his country. It's like a  compliment only. Sometimes, we can't control the situation around us. You could have ignored him if you didn't like it. Just let it go, taking into consideration that his culture is different from ours and that they are more expressive. "  I tried to make her see things differently.