Chapter 66

Manik's POV

" Roshni!! Wait! I need to talk to you. "  I said after her but she was already gone.

I ran after her, it was important to talk to her and make her understand everything. But she seemed to have vanished into thin air.

I again took a round of the whole house to find her but she was nowhere to be found.

What the...

I literally had the feeling that we were playing hide and seek.

Why was she behaving like this?? I know she was annoyed with me, but we can't behave like this forever.

I tried calling her on phone but her phone was engaged. Was she still talking to that idiot, Hardik?

I was getting annoyed now. If this is a game of hide and seek, I would win it.

So I again took a quick round of the whole house and saw her going into Mahi's room but I caught her hand and pull her with me.

" What are you doing, Roshni?? I need to talk to you, come with me! "  I said but she tried to get her hand free from mine just like a stubborn child, I tightened my grip on her hand but she bit my hand so hard that I released her hand immediately out of shock and pain. Hp

" Ouch! What the... !! Roshni... " I said inspecting my hand but when I looked up, she was gone.

Shit!! This girl will be my death someday.

I was getting frustrated now as everything was going against my will. I didn't want to get engaged to Myra but here I was engaged to her.

But Roshni seemed to be behaving very weirdly. I needed to talk to her. So took yet another round and found her in the kitchen with mom and Chachi helping them in preparing gujrati dinner for all of us.

I went in and both Mom and Chachi looked at me mom asked lovingly if I needed anything.

" No, I came to have something to drink. " I said as I didn't want to create a scene.

" Oh, what do you want... coffee, tea, juice or lemonade? " Chachi asked.

" Er... Lemonade. "  I said.

" Ok... How is your hand now?? " Mom asked. 

" Which one? " I asked absentmindedly as both my hands were in pain.

" What do you mean which one? " Mom looked at me weirdly.

" Er... I mean. The pain is gone so I had forgotten about the injury." I said.

" Oh, Good...  Take care, beta. How did your hand come between the door? " Chachi asked.

" How else?? He must have been lost in the thoughts of someone special. Isn't it, Manik? "  Mom teased me.

I looked at Roshni and saw her frown.

" Forget about lemonade... " I said and turned to go.

" Wait!! What happened?? I will make it in a minute. " Mom said.

" No, you are busy, let it be. I don't want it."  I was annoyed as I wanted to talk to her and here my family was making things more difficult for me.

" No!! Wait!! Roshni, please get the lemons from the fridge and prepare lemonade for him as well as yourself if you like it. " Chachi said.

" Ji! " She took out the lemons and started preparing a lemonade for me.

" I need to talk to you. " I went near her and whispered.

" There is nothing to talk about. "  She replied.