Chapter 31

Manik's POV

"Start speaking or I will tell our other friends about it. After all, we care for you. " Shaurya threatened me.

" I needed to show someone that I am already in a relationship with a girl. "  I explained.

" Why?? "  He asked me.

" Because she has developed a huge crush on me. "  I said.

" Wow!! That's great!! So? What is the problem? You don't like her? She is not good? " He asked.

Idiot!! As if he doesn't know that I am with Myra.

" It's complicated. " I said.

" Oh, it's complicated? Open your laptop and join us on a video chat. " He said and I did that. They both were sitting there.

" Tell us about this complicated matter. " Shlok said.

" Nothing, there is a very sweet girl,  but she developed a crush on me. "  I said.

" Oh, sweet!! So have you tasted her already? " Shaurya asked and I lost my temper.

" Shaurya, shut up!! Don't say anything about her, or I will break your jaw. " I said in a higher tone.

He whistled!!

" Oh!! She seems to be special to you. " Shaurya said.

" Shlok tell him to shut up and get lost or I am not talking to you either. I will solve my issues on my own. Thanks for your help. " I snapped at them.

" Ok, fine!! Sorry!! Don't get so worked up now. Tell us. " Shaurya said in a serious mood.

" Well, this girl has developed a huge crush on me and... "

" She told you that?? " Shlok asked me.

" No!! But she had just started the topic when you called up. I didn't want her to talk about all this So I said all that to make her feel that I was with someone else. I needed to make her understand that I am not interested."  I said.

" Why do you need to pretend?? You could easily tell her that you are not interested. " Shlok asked.

" She already knows about my girlfriend, has even met her. Still, she is not convinced that Myra and I are in love. "  I said.

" That's her problem... Why are you so hell-bent to show her that you are not interested in her?? Let her believe what she thinks. Just tell her you are not interested in her.  You sounded almost desperate to me on phone. "  Shaurya said.

" It's not that easy... I told you, it is complicated. "  I said.

" What is the complication?? Do you like her?? "  Shlok asked me.

" No! Not in the sense you are asking. "  I replied.

"  Then what is the issue?? Let her go to hell. You can't help it if she loves you. See, if a girl has a right to say no to a proposal made by a man and we should respect her decision, so we also have a right to say no, right?" Shaurya said.

" Shaurya, please shut up! "  I said closing my eyes. And pressing my head.

" What is bothering you?? We should know the problem, only then we can help you. " Shaurya asked.

" I don't want your help. "

" Ok, I would not say anything, take Shlok's sane advice. But talk to us! "  Shaurya said.

" I don't know what to say. "  I said.

" What do you feel about her??" Shlok asked.

" I don't want to hurt her in any way. " I said.