Chapter 4

Tony was airborne with Sam, they flew around the city scouting for the hydra agents whereabouts while Steve was inside Stark Tower with Alex.

Standing by the floor to ceiling windows she looked out at the city, it was a pretty sight from the top level penthouse.

"You okay?" Steve asked, he was by the bar and had noticed she hadn't moved for a few minutes. She met his gaze and flashed him a big smile.

"Of course I'm okay, cap," she assured, but he wasn't buying it.

"The guy with the metal arm is dangerous, Alex," he said, feeling a little worried for her. They had become good friends over the two years.

"I'm aware of that," She said. "But so is Rumlow and his tactical team."

"Will you really be able to handle him, this isn't going to be an escape mission Alex...you'll probably have to fight him," Steve said, and she bit back the urge to chuckle. The man really was clueless sometimes.

Loosing a breath, Alex turned her body to face him. "Yes Rogers, I can handle him. You do know i'm not a child right?" she said, and he rolled his eyes. "Don't worry your pretty blonde head about me, i'll be fine."

He parted his lips as if readying to give her some speech but she beat him to it.
"I can do this all day!" She taunted, mocking him with a crinkle in her nose. The captain chuckled with a side smile on his face.

"Yeah okay, mock me all you like but that phrase is on kids lunchboxes." He said and she couldn't help but bark a laugh. It made him smile with pride because it was few and far between when she actually laughed. "Come on sugar, let's do this," he said, sliding off the bar stool and heading over to where she stood.

"Sam, Tony. Any movement?" Alex asked through the ear coms that connected them all.

"Movement on the east side," Tony informed.

"Redwing's trying to locate the soldier-" Sam added when Alex cut in because she could already sense him.
"Don't worry Sam, i know where he is," she turned and looked at Steve.

"You know what to do, Rumlow and his men are yours. Protect the power source." She addressed the captain and gave him a command.

The power source was simply a paper weight made to look and feel like the glowing blue cube via her illusion magic.

Giving her a nod, Steve lifted his shield onto his back and headed downstairs. Alex drew her gaze back out the windows and slid her eyes closed. She altered her appearance again, making her hair turn a platinum blonde shade that was styled in a ponytail. Her body and facial features changed enough to disguise her true identity and when her eyes opened, they were a piercing blue, much like captain rogers sweet baby blues.

Tony and Sam took out two hydra choppers that hovered above the tower. The two avengers did what they could to prevent much damage for the civilians below, but people still screamed and ran in chaos because that was human nature.

Alex's jaw twitched when she noticed her reflection in the glass was not the only one there. A presence behind her tingled along her spine. She slowly turned to find The Winter Soldier staring directly at her with a cold deadly gaze, his mask concealing his lower face like always.

Alex raked her eyes down the length of his body and back up, cocking her head to the side ever so slightly, sizing him up.

"So, they sent you to kill Captain America and Tony Stark huh?" she stated rather than questioned, she could read his mind and already knew the orders he'd been given. Never once had she known him to speak, he just stood silent as the grave staring at her with deep blue eyes.