Chapter 10

A day had passed since both Alex and Bucky fell into comas, and Steve was currently sitting beside her bed in the medical wing.
Alex's fingers twitched slightly but it was so slight that Steve missed it.

"Hey Steve. I checked on Bucky again he's the same as Alex, nothing new yet. Sam's downstairs keeping an eye on him." Bruce said, walking into the room.

"Thanks Bruce" Steve said, watching the man head off to the joining room where he did most of his testing, research and anything medical.

A few seconds later, Alex's breathing hitched and she whimpered. Steves gaze lifted and fell on her instantly.

"Bruce!" He called out, and the man came running.

"What's happened? What is it?" He asked, slight panic in his tone.

"I don't know, her breathing hitched. Somethings happening, is she okay?" Steve rambled over his words, concerned for his friend.

"I'm not sure" Bruce stated, checking her vitals and scratching his jaw.

Alex rocked her head from side to side with brows creasing together, it seemed to them like she was enduring a horrific nightmare. Her hands gripped the bed covers tightly and pained whimpers fell from her lips.

"She looks like she's in pain Banner, do something!" Steve urged, touching her forehead but yanked his hand away with a gasp.

"She's scorching hot!" He exclaimed, and Bruce widened his eyes. He tested that himself by touching fingers to her forehead and retracted them with a hiss. Quickly he ran to get his bloods kit.

"I would normally like to ask before taking bloods... but in this case it's an emergency." he said, hurriedly taking a few samples and put them through the machine.

"She's really burning up!" Steve said, panic lacing his tone as he worked to wet towels in ice water and wring them before placing them on her forehead. They helped for a moment but it didn't last long, it was the gesture that made the difference.

"I'm trying everything i can Steve! Give me a minute." Bruce snapped.

After the latest memory flashback everything that happened with Bucky down in the cell blocks came rushing back to her. All the energies she had been unknowingly absorbing had reached its apex. Alex needed to wash it off, she needed to cleanse herself from everything.

Feeling the cold wet towel turn scolding hot made her groan and wake up.

"Help..." she rasped.

"Alex—Alex?!" Steve took the towel off her forehead, and her eyes rolled back.

"Wake up.. Alex wake up," he shook her shoulder gently and her eyes returned to normal, meeting his gaze with a widened look.

"easy.. it's okay...you're okay," he soothed. The captain could see she wanted to speak but was unable to. Alex's throat felt like it was sandpaper.

"...need—sh-shower," she rasped, trying to swallow.

"What?" Steve said, looking at her confused, it was almost a mirror image to a time where Tony had looked at her the same way in a situation like this.

"sh..shower.." she groaned.

"Alex.. i don't think that's..." Steve trailed off and she knew there was one other person in the compound that could help her get the message across.

"Wanda..." she rasped, her brows pinched together before she threw her head back and arched her chest in pain.

"WANDA!" Steve cried out running to the door, gripping the frame. A few seconds later Wanda came running in with Tony following close behind.