Chapter 54

The Wakanda jet landed on Compound grounds and Alex swung her bag over her body as she stood up smiling at Jace.

"We're home." she said softly, and he smiled but inside it struck a nerve. Jace knew that this world had been her home for the past 100+ years, he knew that, but it didn't change the fact that she was calling another place besides Alicante, home. It hurt.

When their feet hit familiar ground, she was met with Tony, Natasha, Wanda and Sam who were smiling at her with warm greetings. Wanda was the first to hug her.

"Alex! We're so happy to have you back." She said, then Natasha shuffled over and joined in on the girl hug. Alex felt the love. 

"I've missed all of you so much!" she said. The girls stepped back giving Tony and Sam a moment to steal a quick hug. Tony looked past her shoulder and noticed the male behind her. 

"Glad to have you back honey bunny, but let's address something here," He paused, brows creasing. "Who is that?"

Behind Alex, Jace smiled awkwardly while looking at them all.

Alex huffed. "It's a long story, but—this is Jace,"

Wanda looked at the male and then back at Alex. 

"Give us the short story then," She suggested.

"Okay...he's from Alicante. He dropped in via a portal to Wakanda and now he's stuck here like i was back in the 40's"

Natasha gasped and muttered a, "Holy shit" before the others joined her in similar reactions. Alex continued with another short explanation.

"My awakening power burst managed to send them a signal...and well—they sent him through to find me."

There was a beat of silence before Tony broke it.

"You have to tell me everything, i want to know every detail," he said, glancing at Jace before his eyes remained on his sister.

Alex chuckled lightly and nodded. "I promise i'll explain the long version later,"

They all began introducing themselves to Jace and shaking his hand. Sam was the first, then came Wanda, Natasha and last but not least, Tony. After that it was soft gliding, they all welcomed him in quite easily. The worry that he wouldn't be accepted was for nothing. Jace was glad to be meeting the people that helped and took Alex in like one of them.

Looking around at them, the observation was staring her in the face, a few people were missing from this greeting. Along with the sudden vibes she was picking up, ones they were all trying so desperately to hide from her.

"Wait a minute.." she said, pausing.

They all began walking off in different directions, though Natasha ran off.  Wanda walked away saying she had some prepping for dinner to do. It was her turn in the kitchen tonight. Sam excused himself with a little more finesse, saying he had some upgrading work to do on his drone.

Alex cursed them all. "No-wait! Come back!" She shouted. When no one listened, her gaze sliced to her brother who was secretly trying to sneak away. She caught a fist full of his top and pulled him back.

"What's your excuse?"

He side-eyed her narrowed expression. "I uh...hah. So you see," he bit his lip.

"Tony." She warned, releasing her grip and staring her brother down with a dead pan look. It was the kind he knew she gave when she was about to throw down with someone.

"Shit... It's a long story. We all wanted to give you a day to settle in before we caught you up,"

She sighed. "Give me a short version then," Alex folded her arms across her chest.