Chapter 84

WAKANDA

Thanos and his army had breached the surrounding shield, tearing it down to atoms and storming the beautify city. The havoc he reigned down turned the once peaceful place to ruin. It left an ashy taste in peoples mouths, but no one gave up, not unless they were slain, or brought to their knees unable to fight anymore.

Black order members were sent to storm the palace in retrieval of the mind stone. Forcing Shuri to abandon the procedure on Vision. The android took one of the members with him when he blasted out the side windows and flew across the field.

Prior to the attack on the palace, Vision persuaded Wanda to go out there and help her comrades, because she was better useful down there. And despite her desperate plea to stay and protect him in case someone comes for him, he urged her to leave, so she stepped out onto the field.

When news that Vision had been attacked, she dropped everything and headed to the forest clearing, coming face to face with the titan himself. She put up a fight, breaking his double edged sword with her powerful magic. But it wasn't enough to stop the titan from ripping the stone right out of her lovers head. A heart shattering scream echoed across the terrain when Vision died.

Now that Thanos had all six stones, it was imperative the heroes kept the gauntlet that housed the crystals away from him, and so, the Avengers continued to do just that. Everyone was at their wits end, holding onto the remnants of strength they had left.

Asgardian soldiers, valkyrie on winged horses, gifted and non gifted people alike, all united as one to defend the earth from a monster who wished to destroy it.

But all the tricks in the book could not stop the titan from commanding his ship that loomed above, to reign down hell fire in the form of ammunition over everyone on that field. Including his own troops.

Appearing just on the outskirts of the perimeter, hidden by the forest, Alex released her hold on Bucky and instantly felt the heaviness, the thick tension that war elicited.

"I need you to do what you do best," She said, turning to face him fully. His features turned into something hard, serious.

"And what is it that i do best?" He asked, and she smirked.

"Kill."

He looked at her for a moment, then nodded.

"Bucky,"

He cradled her face in his palms, and his reply came out a whisper.

"Don't.... Just, tell me after... Tell me after all of this is over."

Bucky memorised her gorgeous face, the defined features, yet still somehow soft. The warm brown of her eyes that seemed to hold an entire world within them. The plump naturally pink lips he loved to kiss, his thumb brushing across them as his gaze locked with hers.

Everything that needed sharing between them, was spoken silently through that gaze. And then he leaned in and kissed her lips, claiming them with such tenderness, such sensuality and hoped this wouldn't be the last time he felt them.

The air around them hung thick with death and blood, yet, between them, all that burned strong was love, and promise of a future together.

His brow pressed against hers while one hand slid down to her neck, lower, to where he knew the phoenix necklace sat protected under her gear.

"Watch your back okay," He said. "And make sure, no matter what, you come back to me." Blue eyes glistened, and she nodded, swallowing the anxiety wanting to come forwards. The uneven beat of her heart made him cradle her head to his chest.