Chapter 66

Time had passed and Chaos was alive. Tony contacted a few off grid team members and explained the situation. He'd went as far as to send a message to T'Challa and give him the low down on what's happened because there was no doubt Wakanda would be hearing all about the events. Shuri was left reeling at the undoing of all her hard work. 

Sam returned from Louisiana a week later, and the government was in a frenzy over all the crimes that Alex and Bucky have been committing. Bombing many cities as Sharon's retaliation against the political groups.

Alex did what she swore she'd do, and sent Jace a fire message when she wasn't watched. Though having the first contact in a month made Jace worry even more.

She let them know the underground base was someplace in Russia, with snow surrounding it. It wasn't like she could give them finer details on where, because she'd been blind folded for precautionary reasons every time they left and returned. Sharon wasn't taking any chances despite Alex's convincing act of showing the serum worked, paired with Visions manipulation of mind.

The information about seeing Vision eased Wanda's concerns but it didn't stem them. Alex promised as soon as she was able, she would attempt to reboot his system. The witch had all the faith in her bestfriend to succeed.

Alex's fire message was simple and straight forwards, pretty factual. There wasn't anything personal about how she was doing, physically or mentally, or what was happening within those walls.

When Jace finished relaying the message, his gaze lifted from the paper and skimmed over everyone in the room.

Tony's gaze hardened. "She's strong...she'll get through this." He said, nodding, not wanting to let his emotions get the better of him. It had been a hard month. No matter what they were hearing daily, their faith never wavered in their girl. They were doing all they could on their end to help her.

Clint leaned back in his chair and scraped fingers through his short blonde hair. The man had been at the compound for the past three days, and hearing all of the details in length made him feel sick to his stomach.

Natasha sighed. "Sorry we didn't inform you earlier, Barton," she shared a look with the archer, and he waved it off with a swipe of his hand, casually.

"It's okay—i know you lot call me in when it's so dire you need a professional to handle it," he quipped, a hint of sarcasm in his tone.

Natasha smirked "Is it wrong for us to care about your wellbeing? You have kids, and a wife you know," She countered, and he scoffed with a smile.

"Don't forget Nat, i have two families. And this old man still has fight in him."

Sam shook his head at the statement, managing a crooked grin when he met the archers gaze. They shared a light chuckle before Sam asked a question.

"When is the thunder god coming?"

Tony shrugged. "Honestly, no idea. I sent a message but he hasn't replied. Scott should be here in the next few days, and Rhodey is doing all he can to keep the Secretary from going after Alex and Barnes."

Jace leaned his shoulder against the wall while Natasha nodded, resting her chin on her palm. Despite everything going on, the team trained diligently and made sure that whatever message they received from Alex was kept between the inner circle. John was already feeding Sharon whatever he could within the confines of the government. They didn't need Sharon finding out that Alex was a spy. 

When Tony wasn't working, or training, he devised a plan of his own to help his sister, knowing the aftermath was going to be hell. Alexandra was a Stark, and that meant he would protect her, no matter what.