Chapter 46

"What's that concerned look for?" Alex asked when she noticed Buckys face, they were in the kitchen bright and early.

"I just remembered i didn't finish the report last night." A groan followed his reply.

"It'll be okay, trust me," she said with a smile, turning to hand him a mug filled with a morning elixir of sweet coffee that hit his senses, her fingers brushing along the side of his face made him sigh in bliss.

Could it get any better than this...He thought to himself. 

The memories from last night played across his mind like a symphony of flashes. Today, to his good fortune, Alex decided to put on a mini skirt that flared out from the waist. She paired it with a cami top and maroon leather jacket. Her favourite black ankle boots adorned her feet and she tossed her hair into a half up, half down style. She had rolled her eyes and tossed her head back with a laugh when he whistled at her earlier.

Cupping her face, Bucky stroked her cheek before sliding his fingers down to her chest to run his thumb across his dog-tags that rested there.

She's the most beautiful being i've ever laid my eyes upon...he thought.

"What are you thinking?" she asked, breaking through his thoughts when he didn't say anything for a minute.

"Just how beautiful you look in a skirt" he said, teasingly. "And just how happy i am to have you as mine," His features turned soft and she smiled at his words. Alex gave him a soft sensual kiss before breaking away just as the team rolled in for breakfast. The kitchen was a buzz quite quickly.

"Hey Barnes, noticed you didn't finish the report," Tony pointed out then sipped his coffee.

"Yeah, there's details that don't add up."

"That's what Sam said too.." Tony glanced at Sam who nodded with a shrug.

"It seems like there's something weird going on, but i can't figure it out," Sam added, taking a bite of his toast. Just then, Friday announced an arrival. 

"Sir, Director Fury has arrived.

 Before any of them could speak a word or bat an eyelash, the director walked past with a stern call of Tonys name and a tilt of his head to follow. Glancing at Alex, Tony got up and walked after the tall man. She felt Bucky place his hand on her thigh for support.

Sam furrowed his brows then shrugged. "Wonder what that's about?"

"We'll know soon enough," Steve replied, giving Alex a supportive smile.

**

Alex walked into her brothers office after being summoned by Friday. She slid her gaze from her brother to the director who sat casually, his long black leather duster coat brushed the floor.

"Why don't you inform Alex on what you told me." Tony said, addressing Fury.

The director looked at her. "Take a seat Alex," He gestured with a hand to the chair close by. Alex didn't appreciate being told to take a seat. She raised a brow and stayed standing—leaning against the wall in defiance to prove her disgust.

"I'm fine thanks." she said, folding arms across her chest.

He shook his head, then continued. "Got the notes back from your therapy session," he said.

"So what's the outcome?"

He clicked his tongue. "Well for one, i don't think you're being completely honest and open but that's besides the point right now,"