Chapter 7

Alex knew she should wait till proper morning break to partake in the plan they all came up with, but seeing him strapped down the way he was brought a sense of wrong to her soul.

She had the urge to help him, a need for answers to her own questions. Alex wanted her memories back, the blank pieces filled again.

Willing her magic towards the cameras, she set them on a loop making it seem like she was just standing there watching over him from outside the cell. Innocent and patient.

Wasting no time, she unlocked the door with a code and pushed it forwards as she walked in, making sure it was shut behind her. Alex had no idea what would happen, or if this was a good idea...but she was determined to try something because waiting was no longer in her repertoire.

Walking to the side of the bed Alex crouched down and brought her hand up, reaching to touch his face when she hesitated for a few seconds. Gazing down at him she moved some strands away from his face delicately and got a better look at him this close up.

"What have they done to you..." she whispered, brows creasing. His face was relaxed and she wished that he felt this peaceful when he was awake.

Gold tendrils of magic circled around her fingers, she loosed a breath then touched his temple sending a spark of magic to awaken him.
In the next heartbeat the soldiers eyes shot open as he gasped, his breathing was rapid and all he could see was the grey ceiling above him.

"Bucky?" She called softly.

Rolling his head to the side, his eyes met hers and he scanned her face. Alex could see his brain working to figure out where he was and why he was on a bed.
The mental struggle was evident as he tried to lift his hands and realised he was strapped down too.

Dragging his gaze away from her, it raked down the length of his body to where he was restrained and his hands turned to fists. He began trying to pull free of the binds.

"Hey-hey, easy...stop, you're okay—you're okay," she assured, trying to soothe him but it wasn't working. Without thinking her actions through, Alex brushed her knuckles along the side of his cheek, her touch made him freeze and his gaze met hers again.

She felt like she could see into the depths of his soul as she looked into his ocean blue eyes. There was nothing but pain and suffering, confusion and torment. It scared her because the way his gaze bore into hers she thought he could see into her soul. And maybe it would've been better if he could because maybe then he could've remembered her.

"Do-do you remember me?" She asked, keeping her tone calm and soft, not wanting to scare or freak him out further. 

"No." he rasped, voice deep and unruly.

And just like that the conversation was over because something fell over him, she watched it happen and a scream tore from his lips while he lurched forwards with a strength that should have been impossible. He thrashed and kicked, breaking the arm restraints and then ripped off the one's holdings his legs down.

Alex stood stumbling backwards, eyes wide in horror. She watched him jump off the bed and close the distance, shoving her against the wall. The gasp leaving her mouth from the impact came out strained when his fingers curled around the front of her neck.

"Who are you, where am i?" He demanded, glancing left and right then meeting her gaze with his own narrowed one. When he leaned in so close she could feel his body heat, he snarled in her face and slammed her back against the wall again.

This was a bad idea, a totally bad idea...good job Alex, you couldn't wait, you couldn't fucking wait...she thought to herself.