Chapter 79

PARIS

CHRISTMAS EVE

The forecast for the day was sunny with the promise of snow fall in the evening. Cold but otherwise nice. However, while Alex and Bucky were outdoors getting a few things, the sudden influx of clouds covered the sunshine, and with it came a crisp cold front. It had them racing home, back into the soothing warmth.

Joined laughter filled the entrance space while Alex removed her coat and scarf, then unwrapped his from round his neck. She hung the garments on the hook near the door while Bucky carried the shopping to the kitchen. When she joined him, he protested, claiming she would ruin his plans if she stayed to help.

"What plans?" She asked, and he dismissed her curiosity.

"Plans? Where did you hear plans?" He tried to throw her off. "I want you to go upstairs, have a shower, do whatever you need to. Just relax, i got everything covered."

Alex knew they were having a Christmas eve dinner, but Bucky kept tight lipped about everything else. It was hard to surprise a girl who could read his tells like the back of her hand.

"But-" She tried.

"No buts,"

Alex pouted, making him chuckle while guiding her towards the stairs with a hand pressed at her lower back. He kissed her cheek for good measure before lightly tapping her ass, and sending her on her way. 

She huffed, folded her arms across her chest then stomped her way upstairs to their bedroom. The sound of his laughter made her smile all the way up.

After her spa like shower, Alex found a note on the vanity.

It read: -Dress up tonight, something beautiful. Then meet me downstairs at no earlier, or later than 7pm. Be punctual, Miss Stark.-

A smile crept onto her lips and she shook her head as if he was ridiculous. But who was she to mess up his no-plans-plans. Alex glanced at the clock on the bedside drawers. -5pm- A sigh followed, and she put the note away then dragged her feet to the walk in wardrobe.

Her fingers slid over all the stunning dresses, formal kind of gowns. For some reason, Tony figured if they were in Paris, they might want to hit up an event or something, not like they were on the run or anything. Though in hindsight, she was kinda glad there were options.

Dress in something beautiful...

Alex stood in front of the full length mirror while the gowns moved as if they were on a magical conveyer belt in front of her. She'd gone through at least half of them before finding one that made her smile. Pairing a set of glamorous heels to go with it. 

The sudden intrusive memories of her friends struck like an arrow to the chest, bringing the pain of longing with it. She missed Natasha and Wanda, especially in times like this where they would gossip while getting ready. 

Alex couldn't help but remember the Christmas's she'd had with the team after they saved her from Hydra. The wonderful laughter filling the compounds halls almost every day. The Stark Industries Christmas and New Years parties. The dancing, egg nog drinking and midnight snack eating.

After the party, the team would all come together in a personal and quiet setting, sitting by the huge glamorous tree and exchanging gifts with one another. It reminded her of home—Alicante. They had traditions too, but those had changed drastically after Valentine's destruction. 

A smile littered her face in memory and she realised that this Christmas, would be the first proper one she spent with Bucky—as a couple. There were memories to be made here too, despite everything.