Chapter 68

The Avengers received the long awaited intel from Alex. She explained what Sharon was planning, giving the exact date, whereabouts, and timeframe of the attack on New York city. 

Along with that, she'd mentioned that Vision was now restored, and they had a plan on reversing all the damage done. Wanda was thankful yet equally worried about what her bestfriend had to go through to get to this point.

What Jace didn't tell them was the one line, four worded sentence that was meant just for him. "I miss you, Jace." Alex had written. It almost broke his heart because she'd never used his name unless things were serious. 

The nephilim could only imagine the cruelty she was suffering in order to achieve the outcome they all hoped for. Jace used the anger inside as fuel to help the others come up with a fool proof plan of attack.

After another seemingly successful mission, Sharon was in an extra happy mood, and everyone in the base knew what that meant.

"You've been so good lately, maybe i should let you have a fun day," Sharon said, addressing her two weapons.

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" She added, walking over to Alex and stopping in front of her.

"Hell, even i would like that. There's some good looking men here, maybe i should take soldier boy into the other room and have some fun,"

Alex knew Sharon was testing her, looking for any sign that would tell her she'd been faking this whole act of obedience.

Ever since the flogging, Sharon had tested her daily, goading her to gain a reaction. But Alex stayed determined. There was too much at risk.

"Maybe i should order him to have some fun with you, hmm?" Sharon said, leaning in. 

"Make him hurt you, intimately,

She had no problem reminding Alex what she promised from day one. When the powerbroker inched back, patting Alex's cheek, she stepped aside and gave Winter a command.

"Kiss her,"

It took less than a heartbeat for Winter to step in front of Alex and press her back against the wall. His lips claimed hers, but she did not reciprocate.

"Roughly, forcefully," Sharon added, watching as Winter wrapped Alex's braid around his fist, yanking her head back enough to hurt. A small whimper escaped her mouth and echoed into his, while he kissed her hungrily. Like a man starved of intimacy. She fought the urge to curl her hands into fists at her side, knowing the entire room was watching. Instead, her palms pressed flat against the wall.

"Come on now, show her just how much you want her soldier!" Sharon urged him on.

Winter gripped Alex's jaw, inching back and jerking her face to the side. His parted lips trailed down her neck, teeth skimming the contours of her throat. In the next beat, her arms were raised and both wrists slammed against the wall above her head. He crossed and held them with his left hand, the other he slid down her sternum.

Alex screamed inside her mind. She wanted Bucky, his kisses, his love. She wanted his gentle touch, and those powerful three words he would always say to her. She wanted all of those things, not this. Not him being forced upon her by no choice of his own.

Suddenly an idea hit her, and taking advantage of the situation, Alex instilled a sliver of golden warmth into his mouth when his lips found hers in a deep kiss again. She reciprocated, welcoming his tongue as it invaded, tasting the sweet passion of her magic.

A slight shift in the way he kissed, and the way his body pressed against hers in familiar ways, told her there was a subtle change. A low deep moan escaped his throat, and Alex swallowed it, eyes opened, catching the moment his eyelids slid up. His eyes were a deep blue.