Chapter 48

WAKANDA

Wakanda was prepped for its quarterly security update which included shutting down power and shields for five minutes before they restored to a new program. Shuri made sure that everything was ready before powering it down—the shields, the labs, everything began to shut down while she worked the update.

Two minutes in and a bright light began to tear its way open in mid-air in the middle of the lab. The light grew to the size of an apple and only kept getting bigger, brighter. A golden magical light containing sparkles erupted from the tear in time itself.

"What the heck is that?!" Shuri's eyes widened, gazing at it.

"I don't know but it is most definitely not normal," Ayo replied, keeping her gaze on it and squinting for the most part due to the brightness of it.

The princess exchanged a look with Ayo. "Are we expecting someone?" She asked.

Per protocols, a bunch of Dora Milaje came to the lab followed by the king and they watched the now orb-size tear grow to a massive circle that looked an awful lot like a portal. The light became so intense they all raised their arms like a shield.

As the glow died down, in its place stood a man dressed in black leather fighting gear. The hilt of his sword peeked from behind his shoulder, he was decked in weaponry with a rucksack bag slung across his body. The man was equally shocked to find himself surrounded by a bunch of warriors with weapons aimed at him.

Shuri noticed his eyes were bi-coloured, one blue and one brown and she'd also noticed he had tattoos that were oddly familiar. A lightbulb went off in her mind when she remembered where she'd seen such tattoos, only they were on a smaller scale and more delicate.

Alex.

Shuri scanned him from head to toe and the runes were scattered over parts of his body that were visible to them—his arms and neck.

T-Challa stepped forward. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Who are you?" The man replied with the same question.

"I am the king of Wakanda and you are trespassing in my kingdom. Do not make me ask you again."

Realising he wasn't going to get out of this situation without explaining at least a little, the man decided there was no harm in telling them where he came from. Not that he had much choice in the matter if he wanted to keep his body free of spear wounds.

"I come from a different world...i went through a portal and ended up here." he confessed, scanning the room.

"How did you find this place?" The king asked.

"I followed a strong signal from a power outburst we thought was gone forever..."

Shuri nudged her brothers arm. "Brother, look at his tattoos" she whispered. T'Challa checked out the intricate black lines and his eyes widened. A few of them were different in size like patches, one peeking out on the right side of his neck.

The king exchanged a look with his sister and she understood immediately, giving him a nod while hurrying off.

Being cautious, the king ordered to have the man placed in a cell under watch by two Dora Milaje warriors. They'd removed his weapons—weapons that were unlike anything this world had to offer and the king made sure the man was fed and hydrated while in his cell.

After Shuri returned to the lab, she couldn't help but explore the mans belongings. There was no denying that the blonde haired cutie might have come from Alex's home world. Because Shuri could see no other explanation as to the sudden appearance, and the common clues staring her in the face.