Chapter 33

WAKANDA

Steve transported Bucky and Alex to Wakanda after Natasha had organised all of it for them. It was a secret place that was by invitation only. A protective shield covered the entire country, but the beauty of the place was indescribable, peaceful and absolutely scenic. Once they landed on Wakanda soil, Steve walked out of the jet and was greeted by the king.

"Steve Rogers" he gave a polite nod, voice thick with an African accent.

"Your highness,"

Bucky slid one arm under Alex's knees and the other around her back as he lifted her into his arms, carrying her off the jet bridal style.

"James Barnes," T'Challa greeted him. 

Bucky acknowledged his presence respectfully, and noticing the girl in his arms, T'challa motioned behind him. Both super soldiers watched a medical bed come floating over to them in midair, it looked like a flying carpet. Their technology was advanced beyond the rest of the world, so much so that it was almost impossible to comprehend and yet...there it was. T'Challa gestured for Bucky to place Alex on the bed and he did so gently, then stepped back.

"Come with me, my sister has been excited for your arrival," The king tilted his head, turned and walked. As he walked, the bed moved after him. Steve chuckled lightly at a thought that popped into his head, and Bucky shot him a look with brows furrowed.

"What's funny?" He asked.

"Just had a thought about what Alex would be saying right now...being on a floating bed,"

Bucky smiled softly and nudged his friends shoulder until he caught sight of her sleeping form, then the smile flattened. 

When they made their way up the many levels of the palace heading towards the lab, T'Challa announced their arrival and his sister smiled welcomingly.

"Oh finally! i thought you lot would never arrive!" She said, clearing the space for the floating bed to park itself into position, almost as if it was guided by a magnetic pull.

"Shuri," T'Challa warned. "That is no way to talk to guests,"

She rolled her eyes at him with a wave of her hand. "sorry your majesty." she bowed with dramatic flair and the king smirked shaking his head at how un-royal she was being. Shuri glanced at the two super soldiers and winked, walking over she stuck her hand out to shake theirs. They both reciprocated.

"Nice to meet you Captain Rogers, and Sergeant Barnes. I have heard a lot about you," She said. The girl was a teenager but she held the maturity of a rebellious old soul.

Bucky noticed the beaded bracelets on both her wrists and her hair was braided into space buns. She wore a metallic silver skirt that had pleats with a cropped grey sweatshirt that held a design on the front. A beaded choker was wrapped around her neck and white sneakers on her feet. Her eyes held so much excitement for life, he remembered the days when he felt that too, but those days seemed very, very far away now.

"Nice to meet you too, Shuri." Steve replied.

"yes yes, come now Sergeant Barnes, this way," She guided him to the bed beside Alex where he took a seat. She noticed the way he gazed at Alex's face, and knew there was love there. In that moment the princess glanced over her shoulder at her brother with a soft smile, he rolled his eyes at her, she was a sucker for a romance story.

"How is this going to work exactly?" Steve asked politely.

"My sister will work on reversing all the damage Hydra has done to James and Alexandra. If all goes well, then you both will be free to live your lives again without any risks," T'Challa addressed Steve then Bucky towards the end of his explanation.