ten - golden boy

March 5th 1983.

Finally, Saturday.

I was able to rant about the unexpected visit of Michael Afton to Terry. She claimed it was just a pile of bullshit, which sounded right since I wasn't like his friend or anything.

Mike's kept his distance from us at school however, it's just his friends that continue to do the so called 'bullying'. To be honest, he looked really unbothered, just a couple of glares and insults here and there but other than that nothing extremely bad happened.

Me and Terry are hanging out today again, the weather is a bit better but Terry said she didn't mind the rain, I didn't either to be honest.

"Hey Y/N!" Terry exclaimed when she saw me, she ran up to me, giving me a quick hug then looking me in the eye with a smirk.

We were on my street, the lights were dull, the road empty and quiet. Going out at eight pm was possibly the best time.

Terry shoved her hand in her mini jacket pocket, retreating her fingers with a small card.

An ID.

Holy shit.

"I got hold of my sisters drivers license, we look kinda alike, so this isn't gonna be hard." She said chuckling, inspecting her card. I couldn't help but laugh in misbelief.

"Holy shit, you actually got the ID? Oh god, what's your sister gonna say?" I asked with a wide smile. I wonder what we were even gonna do with her sisters driver's licence.

"She doesn't have to know." Terry replied with a giggle, I rolled my eyes playfully.

We started walking towards seven eleven.

"Why did you even steal the card?" I asked finally, glancing at the plastic card clutched in her small hand.

"Drugs." Is all she responded with then burst out laughing. "Don't worry, I just feel like having a drink."

I nodded. "Fair enough."

We finally approached seven eleven, pushing the small broken door open, giggling our asses off because of Terry's daily sibling cases.

We went round to the alcohol section, staring at the amounts of bottles stacked on high metal shelves.

"Oh god..." Terry murmured, her eyes shooting across all the bottles.

"I think we should just stick to slushies." I said with a laugh, stuffing my hands in my jeans pockets.

"Nah." She grabbed a couple cans of Hooch from the shelves, not even looking at the tags. I was convinced that anyone could buy those drinks without an ID.

"Why does it need an ID?" I asked as we walked to the checkout, I asked for a large red slushie from the worker, all he did was groan. People were so rude.

"Can you not see how much gin is in here? God, I'm about to get wasted." Terry replied with a chuckle, she put the cans on the table with a loud clank. The worker came back a second later.

"That'll be $7.50." The worker said flatly, handing us the slurpee then glancing into a magazine he was reading. Terry handed him the money and grabbed the cans. No ID? Huh.

We were about to leave when the man stopped us.

"Hey... you kids look a bit young don't you?" He said lowly, eyeing us up and down. I glanced at Terry who looked a bit nervous, possibly because she was wearing a mini skirt.

"No, I'm definitely older than eighteen, going to Salt Lake soon." Terry said slyly, holding her head up high. I raised my eyebrows. The man shrugged and went back to whatever magazine he was reading.