thirteen - friendly talk

March 28th 1983.

It's almost the end of the month which I'm very glad about. Mainly counting because I almost got sexually assaulted or something by a boy I agreed to date.

I really made some rough decisions sometimes, and this was hopefully the last one I will ever make.

Someone obviously snitched or found out about whatever happened, possibly being Jeremy because both Michael and Jeremy got suspended for three days. It's been the biggest talk of the school, it was quite irritating continuesly hearing Jeremy's name over and over.

I felt sick to the stomach whenever I heard his stupid name, or generally anything about him.

Literal goosebumps popped up on my arm whenever I walked through the halls and heard that dumb boy's name.

I'm never going to forgive him for this.

Never.

Yet I still feel so bad that I didn't properly listen to Michael and Terry. I thought Terry didn't know much about Jeremy since he didn't exactly appear in school a lot and Michael, he's not particularly my friend but I have a gut feeling he's pushing on something that might just end up in me falling in the same trap.

However, even if Michael was suspended, he still called me a couple times after the whole Jeremy situation which was weird since I've never actually handed him my phone number before.

Unless Jeremy gave it to him.

I knew Michael was somehow part of this, I just very much hope that he wasn't the one to possibly tell Jeremy to go at me but he pulled a really good fight, and he did say they weren't friends.

Oh god this was confusing.

The best thing to do was probably have a one on one talk with Michael at some point to finally unravel what the fuck was going on.

As much as I despised talking about anything that happened on Friday, it probably would feel really relieving to get off my chest.

Michael had called me a couple times, checking up on me, asking me if I was okay. I wasn't sure if I could even answer the question on my own. Both calls I just ended up saying my usual 'great' then hung up.

But he did sound genuinely concerned which was unusual counting that we were really just classmates at this point and we hardly knew anything about each other. He's one of the popular guys, I'm the girl that has one amazing friend. Why was he suddenly paying attention to me?

He wasn't the only one interrogating me though.

The entire weekend, Terry has spent her time at my place constantly begging for answers, trying her best to comfort me and somewhat lecturing me about the entire 'Jeremy situation'.

She keeps asking for details and if he did anything in particular to me or did he try to groom me, shit questions like that. It was just kissing I guess, sure it made me uncomfortable but it'll blow over right?

He's a stupid boy and nows he my stupid ex.

The entire school day seemed to drag on forever, Terry was asking me questions again which I kept reminding her the answers to but not all my answers were that truthful.

Firstly because we were in the hallways of the most treacherous school I've ever went to and secondly, I knew it would just worry Terry even more than she already was. I had only been here around three months and I was already getting her involved in some shit. I needed to get my act together for once.

I need to push through this problem on my own.

---

I had just stopped talking with Terry on the phone and had went downstairs to get myself a glass of water but when I returned, I heard a familiar knocking at my window again.