thirty six - reunion

June 17th 1993.

I think I must of had the best sleep in forever if that god damn doorbell hadn't shot me out my dreams.

I groaned tiredly, rolling over in my bed. I waited for someone to open the door but the doorbell just kept ringing. Once. Twice. Three times. Four.

"Y/N! Get the door, it's probably the technician!" Great.

Who even came to the door this early in the morning?

I groaned again, pushing away the warmth of my grey and blue duvet; attempting to stand up while rubbing my eyes.

I stumbled through my bedroom door, still quite unable to see anything clearly. I heard the shower running which made me groan a third time in irritation. The morning sun flashed in my eyes, almost making me crash into the doorframe.

The doorbell rang again which made me jump, forcing me to rush to the door.

"I'm coming! Jesus." I muttered, unlocking the two locks of our front door before swinging it open, still quite unable to open my eyes properly.

"Hey-"

"Scott quit the other day so I'll be helping out, you said your oven didn't work-?"

He stopped talking which made me raise an eyebrow. I didn't want him to stop talking because I recognised that voice. I could recognise that voice anywhere. Deep, slightly raspy, a very clear British accent and a flat tone.

The figure in front of me finally cleared up, my eyes widening the second I layed eyes on him.

Holy

Shit.

Holy shit.

Holy fucking shit!

After all these years I thought he was gone?!

I thought he was gone for a fucking decade?!

That meant he was in this fucking city the entire time I'd been here?!

It suddenly became hard to keep my balance up, I had to cling onto the doorframe before I actually fainted from shock.

He wasn't a lot taller, maybe only a centimetre taller than he used to be. His hair was slightly darker too, a bit shorter and swept to the side. I wasn't used to seeing something other than that usual overgrown mullet that was always slicked back with gel. Half of his piercings had disappeared too. The piercing on his eyebrow and lip had vanished, only one simple silver earing in his right earlobe. He was wearing a purple jacket, only unbuttoned slightly where the collar of a white t-shirt peaked through. He had a rusty toolbox in his hand, swinging near his thighs as he waited.

He just looked like a regular man working his job but to me, this was a complete stranger that I somehow felt like I knew my entire life.

He was actually here.

His beautiful light blue eyes didn't stop shining, completely making me ignore the fact that he had big eye bags and swollen lips. He was slightly paler too but his body build had definitely grown. His biceps were practically showing through the sleeves of his jacket.

His eyes were studying me as much as mine were studying him. His gaze moved slowly up and down my body, his throat moving slightly as his gaze met mine again. He's here he's here he's actually here!

He took a deep breath, a tiny smile creeping up onto his face as the realisation kicked in. I couldn't hold back my own smile. He's been here the whole fucking time.