forty five - back to california

This chapter is really rushed, I couldn't think of a good chapter name 😭.

June 27th 1993.

I woke up to the loud ringing of my alarm clock, groaning as I sit up on my elbows. I lean over to my side table, smacking the little dip shit of noise.

I roll back onto my bed, my eyes slowly falling shut but they shoot open when everything from last night comes flooding back to me.

The talking. The thirst. The kissing. The touching. The sex.

I had fucking sex with Michael Afton.

The memory makes me grin, sighing as I stretch my hand onto the other side of my double bed, expecting to feel the hardness of Michael's chest.

But the bed was empty, only a light engravement of where his body would of lied; a slightly scrunched up piece of paper laying on the pillow.

My smile fades as I properly open my eyes, picking up the small note and reading it:

Sorry I couldn't stay the entire night Y/N, I promise I'll be back in a couple hours. Stupid night shift. I'll bring you back some breakfast too don't worry. Sleep well my love.

That 'my love' sent sizzles of electricity circulating my body, making me giggle uncontrollably in my bed, clearly knowing that Michael wasn't beside me, even though that slightly saddened me.

Terry walked in abruptly a second later, a large woven basket at her hip filled with clothes and who knows what. My eyes widened and I immediately pulled my duvet across my chest, my laughter coming to a stop.

"Well someone's in a good mood." Terry grinned, placing a pile of my washed clothes delicately on my dresser beside me bed. "When Michael moves in, I'll be making him do the laundry."

I giggled, burying my nose under the duvet, Michael's sweet scent still lingering in it. Oh how I suddenly missed that sweet scent of his. I was never really able to acknowledge it's arrival, but I loved it. "I don't know if he should move in or not, it would be nice though."

Terry rolled her eyes, placing the basket down and starting to fold a t-shirt of mine. "If Nick was allowed to stay over, I'm sure Michael can move in." She laughed, then she frowned when her eyes finally scanned the bed. "Wait a minute - are you naked? Ugh, don't tell me I have to wash the sheets too."

I raised my eyebrows, feeling a flush of heat pass to my cheeks. "No-!" I cleared my throat, Terry smirked at me. "Uhm- I'll wash them, don't worry."

Terry placed my folded clothes in my top drawer of my dresser. She was about to leave the room when I stopped her:

"Wait Terry! When did Michael leave?" I questioned desperately, gulping. I swear to god if he left just like that-

Terry swivelled round with a sigh, the basket at her hip again. "Around eleven at night, he had to go to work. What were you planning to do? Have round two?"

I felt my cheeks blush even harder, Terry laughed at me. "No! I mean- I wouldn't mind but- ew no, this is getting weird. Just go!"

Terry didn't stop laughing until she finally shut my door, a relieving sigh leaving my mouth as I stood up from my bed.

I pulled a white baggy t-shirt over my head, grabbing some clean undergarments and clothes, stepping out of my bedroom with a yawn.

"Oh yeah I forgot to say - your gift basket." Terry spoke up from the kitchen the second I entered, where she was unloading a second pile of clothing into the basket. "You asked me to get it."