forty - revelation

Michael's POV:

June 21st 1993.

"Shit!" Terry laughed as we staggered into the old rusty elevator of the flat. Y/N was holding onto me tightly as if she was about to fall. Not gonna lie, she did look like was about to collapse any second into my arms. Not that I would complain though.

Her eyes were drooped and red and her balance slightly swayed as she 'stepped' into the elevator but she laughed along with Terry, clinging onto my shoulder, pretending everything was fine. I couldn't pretend everything was fine, my mind was so occupied by Y/N's abrupt kiss that I think I forgot how to function.

Her lips were so soft, so gentle. I missed feeling her on me, having her near me. My body was begging for hers.

"Oh brother... Nick is gonna be so mad..." Terry chuckled, leaning against the elevator and pressing the button to go up.

"Nick? Who the fuck is Nick...?" Y/N slurred, frowning at Terry. I raised an eyebrow. Y/N didn't even drink that much, how the hell was she so drunk that she forgot she had a boyfriend?

I couldn't help but laugh at Y/N's remark however. It was kind of cute, her just forgetting about her surroundings. Maybe I liked it better that way, I don't like Nick at all. The second I saw him standing in the room, I already had an undying hate for him.

"Jesus christ Y/N you are wasted!" Terry exclaimed, throwing her hands in the air dramatically. I chuckled as we waited patiently, watching as the numbers for the elevator changed each floor.

The elevator door opened and Y/N was still clinging onto me, her arm was through my elbow. Now I was starting to get a bit confused. Maybe she thought I was one of her exes or something? Unless I was the ex she thought I was.

We stood in the elevator for what seemed forever. Just having her arm through mine, my breath was already caught in my throat. She leaned her head on my shoulder for one moment and it felt as if it was letting off sparks.

Y/N finally let go of me the second she saw the front door. She pulled out her purse and started rapidly searching through it, scowling at her purse as if it attacked her or something.

"What's taking so long? I need to pee." Terry whined, jiggling her door handle. Y/N groaned.

"I can't find it... it's- you look through your uh- whatever those are called." Y/N pointed at Terry's jacket pockets, making me chuckle again. Terry laughed out loudly, pressing her palm to the wall.

"You- you forgot what a- a pocket was!"

"Just hurry up and find the damn key!"

Terry nodded and searched frantically through her pockets, frowning suddenly. "It's- it's not there..."

Y/N groaned and stepped away from the door, holding her head as she leaned against the wall beside us. Terry redirected my attention to herself.

I raised my eyebrows, watching as Terry took off her jacket and handed it to me. "You try."

I went through her pockets instead, coming across half empty gum packets, a couple of lipsticks and a granola bar but the key never appeared.

"It's not there." I stated, handing back Terry's jacket. She frowned, crouching down and levelling her gaze with the key hole. She attempted stuffing her finger inside, retreating with a yelp.

"Maybe we can pick the lock...?" She suggested, scratching her head as she continued to peer into the tiny hole. I rolled my eyes only to flinch slightly when I heard a fairly loud crash behind me.