twenty seven - together

July 18th 1983.

I guess it finally happened.

I was now qualified as Michael's girlfriend.

Back at the start of the year, I would of never seen myself being anywhere near this boy and now here I was, in Henry's kitchen, baking cookies with him.

It's pretty crazy I just fell for someone that I would of considered an enemy. Gosh next I'll be falling for a car or something.

---

"Y/N! I found the flour!" Elizabeth squealed, skipping to behind the kitchen island where I was working at, Michael just opposite me. We had gotten in a tiny argument over who could cook better, now we were actually baking cookies to prove ourselves. Pretty stupid to be honest but I couldn't lie to myself, seeing Michael actually do something was a huge surprise.

"Aw come on, how does she get to help you?" Michael whined from across the counter, smacking the pack of sugar on his worktop. I giggled.

"Because she's better than you Mike." Elizabeth cut in sassily, putting her hand on her hip. I rolled my eyes and proceeded to mix in the remaining flour to my mixture.

"God you are such a spoiled brat." I heard Michael mutter under his breath. I actually started to like Elizabeth more than him to be honest, he was such an asshole sometimes yet I still happen to be his girlfriend.

"We all know you're an asshole though Mike." Elizabeth snapped, as if reading my mind. Okay I was in love with this girl. I couldn't hold in my laugh.

"To be honest, I'm actually reconsidering thinking that you're better than Liz." I teased, chuckling. Elizabeth let out a giggle herself, high fiving me.

"Oh great, that's just great." He muttered again, cracking in a couple eggs and completely failing which made me burst out laughing and almost drop my own eggs. I grabbed a good handful of flour out of the packet and tossed it at Michael, making him cough loudly.

"Y/N! What the fuck!" Michael yelled both through laughter and a fit of coughing. Elizabeth gasped, giggling loudly herself.

Both me and Elizabeth were standing there, laughing our asses and practically pissing ourselves watching as Mike tried to remove as much flour as he could from his hair and shoulders.

Henry walked into the kitchen with a couple papers in his hands, smiling when he saw both me and Elizabeth giggling our asses off.

"Well what's all the fun and games going on here? Mike doesn't look like he's having an enjoyable time." Henry teased, admiring the dough that I was now pressing into almost perfect circles on the pan.

My teasing wasn't enough to wipe Michael's smirk of his face however because he was up and moulding the dough in his hands and plopping it on his own pan, acting as if he didn't just get a handful of flour chucked at himself.

"My cookies are gonna come out so much better than Y/N's." Michael stated which made me roll my eyes playfully.

I tossed my finished pan in the oven, Michael following behind me.

"Yeah right, the only thing I've seen you make yourself is cigarettes for breakfast, lunch and dinner." I replied with a giggle, my laughter immediately come to a stop when I remember that Henry was literally right beside us. I smiled nervously at Henry but all he did was laugh.

"Okay you kids, you're gonna have to give me some when it's done, I'll judge who bakes better." Henry said with a wide grin, starting to exit the kitchen, stopping in the doorway. I let out a relieving sigh and glanced at Mike, who was still smirking widely.