nineteen - group of bullies

April 27th 1983.

School started up around a week ago and to be honest I wasn't even that bummed about it, the only thing that I really have to worry about now is tests and assessments.

I wasn't entirely sure why we were having so many tests lately since we didn't start exams until we were eighteen but I guess it's always better to be prepared.

I had an English test last week and now I have a history one soon as well. Why did I even decide to take history in the first place? I don't think I even need it.

I might drop it next year, along with biology, if that's even allowed and if I'm actually here in the first place.

I was so glad that summer was in like a month.

Who knows what might happen this year? I might just end up going back to L.A soon, if my parents get that divorce paper signed and done but now I was sorta starting to like this town, the late nights, the 'drama', my friends. Terry especially, and maybe Michael too.

---

It was early in the morning and I had gotten bearly any sleep because of the revision I had done that night. I was literally sitting in my bed, reading through my history notes until like two in the morning and I was convinced I needed more studying, just to be safe.

Terry wasn't in school as she said she wasn't feeling well, it was actually mental how Terry managed to get sick in the most weirdest times. Good thing she didn't take history, she would be dying out here.

I shuffled my way through the half empty school halls, sipping at my coke clutched in my hand as I rummaged through my pockets looking for my locker key.

I had a free period so really all I needed was the excess papers I had left in my locker so I could go study in the library or something but what wasn't very useful when Michael decided to appear up at my locker, leaning against the metal with his arms crossed.

"Hey Y/N." Mike greeted, smiling. I sighed, slamming my locker shut and turning to face him with a weak smile.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked, glancing behind him, his group of friends were crowding around some of the other lockers, whispering and laughing.

Mike shrugged. "Not entirely sure to be honest, its a free period so why not do some stupid shit." He explained, running his fingers through his slick mullet. I rolled my eyes.

"Okay well if you want to do something stupid, go chuck one of your friends off the school roof or something I don't care." I replied with a groan, Michael chuckled, smirking.

"Moody today huh?" He questioned smartly, the smirk on his face getting wider, I shook my head.

"You're an asshole Michael Afton." I responded with a sigh then calmly turning around and making my way through the halls slowly, feeling the grin slowly grow on my face. I could practically feel how his footsteps echoed behind me then they receded for a moment. I stopped, perplexed but when I turned around, I realised why Mike had retreated.

His group of friends were standing right behind me, snickering quietly under their breaths. I noticed that the group wasn't even that big, there were two boys and three girls. Two of the girls being Jessica and her best friend who is rumoured to have dated Michael in the past. I swear Michael has dated almost every girl in our year, it was a bit mad to be honest.

"You're friends with Terry right?" Anissa scoffed, looking me up and down. I rolled my eyes, sighing.

"Yes I am, so what? Weren't you friends with her at some point?" I shot back with a glare, Anissa's eyes immediately widened. Ha, take that bitch. The rest of the group instantly sucked in a breath. I had a feeling they already knew about Anissa's past, well they were friends weren't they? Friends tell a lot to each other.