twenty nine - plans in jealousy

July 31st 1983.

"Mike Jesus slow down!" I exclaimed through laughter. I caught up with Michael who had stopped outside the restaurant building, pulling out a cigarette out of his leather jacket pocket.

"You're so slow." Mike laughed, lighting up a cigarette and popping it in his mouth. I clung onto his arm.

"I'm not that slow, you just have really long legs." I responded flatly, ruffling his hair. Mike smirked at me, glancing down to meet my gaze.

"Midget." I gasped, snatching his cigarette out of his fingers. Ha, take that bitch.

"Give that back!" He snapped with a wide smirk, I giggled, trying to take a puff from it but he managed to grab it back before it even reached my mouth.

"Anyway, what should we do now?" I questioned with a bored sigh, grabbing Michael's hand and sliding my fingers through his. Mike shrugged, blowing out smoke heavily.

"Dunno, we have like twenty four hours now before my funeral tomorrow so better choose what we do wisely." He joked casually, I scoffed in surprise.

"Don't say that! We both know that can actually happen." I stated quietly, glancing around. Mike grinned widely at me.

"Well even being killed is worth it if I'm with you." Michael chuckled, gazing at me lovingly. I felt the heat suddenly creep up my neck and face. Jesus christ those beautiful blue eyes were gonna kill me one day.

Mike leaned down and planted a soft kiss on my cheek, retreating with a wide smile when we heard familiar laughter behind us. Someone barged into us, exclaiming loudly and shoving me out the way. The fuck?!

"Michael! Where the hell where you? We were looking for you." A dirty blond boy swung his arm around Michael's shoulder, chuckling loudly. I think his name was like Brandon or something, I don't know.

"Oh hey! Brian, didn't notice you here." Mike replied with a weak smile. Brian. He looked similar to Jeremy except his eyes were a dusty green and his hair was slightly darker, he wasn't as tall as Michael however which looked kinda funny to be honest.

"Hm, you're with Y/N again? I was kinda hoping you'd be alone." Anissa spoke up, crossing her arms. I rolled my eyes. Jessica cackled loudly behind her. Jeremy was there too which made my breath hitch.

"Ugh, Anissa, don't act jealous, we all know Michael's probably gonna dump her at some point." Jessica spoke up sassily, placing her hand on her hip. Her friend, Erin, nodded frantically.

"Hey, that's not true Jess, just- can you leave us alone for once? You're a bit annoying." Michael sighed heavily, glaring at her. Correction - bombastically annoying.

"Ooh, Mike wants some alone time with the slut's best friend! Aw isn't that cute!" Brian teased, making his group of friends laugh. I clenched my fists tightly, my nails digging painfully into my palms. Slut's best friend. Really?

"Shut up asshole!" Mike scoffed, crossing his arms. "Those jokes aren't funny anymore."

Brian raised his eyebrows and smirked at me. "Oh? I think you should break up, she's brainwashing you." He chuckled, wiggling his fingers in my face. More laughter. Great.

Jessica scoffed loudly, pushing her way into the conversation. Thanks I guess? "Anyway, I'm not annoying, I get that you're probably still mad at me after we broke up but that can always be fixed?" Michael sighed again, I groaned in disgust.

"Well we didn't come for that anyway, Brian's having a game on Saturday, wanna come?" Anissa asked, glaring at Jessica through the corner of her eye. Mike shrugged, taking a puff of his cigarette which Jessica grabbed out of his hand, breathing in from it deeply before handing it back to him. I could even see the lipstick residue on the cigarette, no way was Michael gonna use that. Good thing he flicked it away, I would of broke up with him on the spot if he even dared to put that in his mouth.