sixteen - phone calls

April 7th 1983.

It was quite bizarre that I was actually watching a movie with Michael Afton, counting that he was the most popular and apparently most 'attractive' boy in this town.

It was also a complete accident that I fell for his best friend.

But that will never happen again. Never under those circumstances. Even if it means bonding with Michael the asshole for the rest of my life.

I'm so glad I got over Jeremy quickly, or else he might of completely ruined my life forever.

But I didn't want to focus on that.

Me and Michael were just sitting on the couch, legs propped up on the coffee table and a blanket over us. I wasn't necessarily very close to him but it wouldn't actually bother me if I was a slight bit closer.

The popcorn bowl was empty, mostly eaten out by Michael, and our coke cans were lying carelessly on the floor, on the coffee table. If I wasn't wrong, Michael's arm was on the back of the couch, just behind my head but it could of just been a weird gut feeling which I tended to have.

The movie was really close to the end and it was actually turned out really interesting. This movie had only came out like last month, I'm actually really glad grandma was able to get it at some video store instead of having to go to the cinemas. But to be honest, I wouldn't have minded going to the cinemas, well it depends on who with.

I swear if Terry asks what I did today the next time we see each other because I have no fucking idea how I'm gonna reply. I know Terry doesn't like Michael but I kind of wish she did, he isn't even that bad. Well, other than the times he was super irritating to the level where I had smoke coming out of my ears.

There was about half an hour left until the end of the movie but I had woken up sightly more earlier this morning to get my chores done, and along with all the chores, I was very close to exhausted.

I wanted to keep watching but I kept yawning widely and my eyes kept continuously fluttering shut for seconds and then snapping open again. I wasn't sure if Michael noticed or not but I was hoping he didn't. I did not want to fall asleep in the middle of the day with Michael Afton by my side.

That would be embarrassing to a different level, considering we're still like school friends.

And not to mention it was just slightly past noon.

Michael spoke up, making me face him abruptly. "Are you bored? We could do something else if you like?" He offered. Shit, he did notice.

I frowned and forced a weak smile. "What? No, of course not, the movies really good, I'm just kinda tired." I replied with a nervous chuckle, Mike nodded and shuffled slightly closer to me, somewhat passing on his body warmth onto me, making me even more tired. I wasn't entirely sure what that meant but it didn't bother me, I was just trying to keep my eyes open.

I could really feel my head falling soon and my eyes were just giving up on me. That was possibly the longest movie I've ever had to endure, when it literally wasn't even over two hours long.

I was having a serious amount of trouble keeping my head up and I think I just ended up flopping onto someone's shoulder. I think it was mine because of the weird ninty degree angle my head was in, it didn't really feel like anything else.

I felt someone's arms come over me and I heard quiet mumbling or chuckling beside me but I couldn't make it out. The blanket on top of us suddenly shifted and the intense heat sent a sudden wave of extreme exhaustion, making me fall asleep in possibly the most awkward way a girl has ever fallen asleep.