seventeen - awkward encounters

Contains drinking, light violence and suggestive content!

April 10th 1983.

I can't believe this is the second time I'm going to a raging party for the second time in the span of three months.

It's crazy how much weird shit there was to do in this town, and it always tied up with Michael Afton.

Ironic wasn't it?

It still took me time why Michael Afton made it so clear he hated me at the start of school but then slowly started paying attention to me. I mean, we've gone through a lot of funny stuff but it still halfly confuses me that he wants to be my friend. But I really can't say much, because I wouldn't mind being his friend.

Parties were fun if you had someone to go with and Terry said she was only coming because she wanted to get wasted again, and to just generally have fun. I hope she doesn't think any bad of Michael, I'm not entirely sure if she knows that I've been hanging out with him since the entire 'dating Jeremy' shit.

And I'm praying to God that Jeremy will not show up, or at least anywhere near me. Who's know what the fuck will happen if I go anywhere near him again. It still sent tiny shivers down my spine just thinking about it.

---

Terry had came over while I was doing my makeup and hair. I wasn't sure why Terry loved coming to distract me but I didn't mind, at least I had a bit of company.

"Since when did you actually want to go to a party? Like, I'm usually the one to have to pull you out the house." Terry chuckled, fixing up her poofy hair in my desk mirror. I rolled my eyes, applying a cherry pink lipstick to my lips.

"I never hated parties, plus, its spring break, who cares what we do, in summer there's probably gonna be parties around every second corner." I replied casually, tapping in a bit of purple eyeshadow onto my eyelids, smudging my eyeliner slightly just to make it look cooler.

Terry giggled. "Finally, you're getting some sense in life."

I quickly rolled on some lip gloss, then started to pull the small blue hair rollers out of my H/C hair, one by one. Terry just stared at herself in the mirror.

"I swear everyone curls their hair these days." Terry admitted, gazing at me as I fixed up my hair and sprayed some hair spray over it to keep the volume in. I chuckled.

"So what? It looks awesome." I responded, giggling. I stood up, admiring my self in the mirror.

I was wearing jeans and a white turtle neck, topped with a purple and pink windbreaker jacket. I threw on some colourful bead necklaces and I think that was me done.

Terry looked fabulous herself. She was wearing a mini denim skirt with black leggings underneath, a tight pink shirt with hot pink hand warmers. As usual, she never failed to look amazing in her outfits. I didn't understand how people could slut shame her when literally everyone wore the exact same outfits, I was starting to think this was something personal.

Terry slid her sunglasses up into her hair and pouted in the mirror. "I think we're ready now, let's go." She exclaimed, smiling at me. I nodded and we both made our way down the stairs and out the house.

---

As usual, you could hear the loud music blasting from afar as we approached the house. This was apparently one of Michael's friends houses and it was hella big, I was hoping that Terry didn't notice that this was one of Michael's friend's homes, she would freak if she found out.

'Beat it' was echoing loudly into the porch of the house. Teenagers surrounded the house, there were people outside in the grass, sitting on the garage roof, swigging from whatever drinks they had and making out with people they possibly didn't know.