twelve - truth and lies

Contains violence and suggestive content!

March 25th 1983.

I had been with Jeremy for over two weeks now and to be honest, I think this was the worst 'relationship' I've ever been in.

At first I thought I liked him because of how he treated me then I realised I didn't and it was just some stupid obsession over a boy. Just like when you see a cute boy on a magazine cover, it doesn't mean you have a crush on them, you just think their good looking.

Jeremy probably mistreated my words and thought my explanation on how we should take a break was actually some confession of 'love'.

I'm really scared to break it off with him because he seems really interested in me and it makes me kind of happy but now I'm realising what we do isn't healthy.

Most of our dates aren't even dates at this point. He would appear up at my house, we would talk for a while and a second later we're practically devouring each other.

At first I thought it was his love language or whatever but it was constant, and it was starting to make me a bit uncomfortable.

Scratch that. Very uncomfortable.

Making out every single day of practically every hour is not what I see in a relationship.

It's weird how this was exactly how my previous relationship ended but since this was someone from the popular gang, this was going to end ten times worse.

I'm thinking that this is a huge prank that Mike organised even though we agreed to have somewhat good terms.

I never told Terry about anything but it was obvious she noticed that something was up. Mainly on how distant I had became with her and how I ended up spending more time with Jeremy than I intended to.

I seriously don't know what to do.

I'm praying that Jeremy is off sick today or got run over by a bus so I wouldn't have to see him in the halls or out of school.

---

Jeremy has almost 100% attendance which is super annoying. Now I have to see him in the halls. If I do see him, I shoulder probably speak to him and try clear things off before anything bad happens.

"Hey Y/N!" Terry exclaimed rushing up to me, Jeremy was behind her with Michael and their friends. It was obvious she wanted to see me again after constantly missing out on our conversations.

"Hi Terry." I replied with a weak smile. Terry beamed at me, she clutched her science book, her smile didn't look genuine.

"What have you been doing lately? I've hardly seen you." Terry asked sternly, obviously concerned because I didn't greet her with jazz hands and cartwheels. "Is everything okay?"

My smile quickly faded. What do I say? "Uhm, yeah, everything's good, I just have a lot of stuff to do, my grandma is always asking me to do things." I said, trying to sound convincing. Terry read straight through my possibly troubled expression.

"Okay then, well, I'll come over tonight is that okay? It's Friday, you should be free." Terry asked again with a pleading smile. I gulped. Jeremy was probably going to appear up at my house tonight again, if they saw each other, things were going to be awful.

I can't imagine what would happen if Terry came anywhere near Jeremy.

To be honest, I kind of hoped that Terry and Jeremy would appear up my house tonight just so Terry can deal with Jeremy instead of me.

I still don't understand why I've ended up hating Jeremy so fast.

Maybe it's because he's friends with Michael.