twenty three - where it all begins

Contains blood and gore!

July 6th 1983.

It was Evan's eighth birthday today and B/N was invited mainly because of Elizabeth but B/N still knew Evan more than I did so I didn't exactly have an issue with it.

As we walked into the pizzeria, the blast of heat bashed us in the face, the smell of pizza filled my nose involuntarily, the deafening squeals of children echoing all around the building.

B/N ran off in a matter of seconds, socialising with boys and girls I had never seen before. I smiled weakly, my smile immediately fading when I saw William Afton standing not far from me, speaking with one of his colleagues.

When we made eye contact, I instantly felt uneasy. Something about the way he stared at me and how a slow, evil smirk creeped up onto his face just made me shudder. I quickly let out a breath of relief when Michael stepped in front of me with a large grin.

"Y/N! Thought we were seeing each other tomorrow." Michael greeted, his smile quickly fading into a playful smirk. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes playfully.

"B/N pulled me here again, apparently he got invited." I explained, my eyes roaming the front counter and the dining area where William was still eyeing me with that devious smirk. "Happy Birthday to your brother by the way but your dad looks like he's gotten it in for me though."

Michael sighed in annoyance, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'll tell him that and god, he literally hates anyone I hang out with, he keeps telling me to get a better company."

I scoffed and eyed in him up and down. He was wearing a grey tank top and dark denim shorts, classic Michael Afton. "He's right about your company."

Michael squinted his eyes at me. "I thought you'd be on my side."

I smirked. "Sadly not Michael Afton." I replied, trying to copy his accent. He chuckled.

"That's not how I sound, you're doing it all wrong."

"Well my accent is better than yours."

"Gotta disagree with that."

We continued teasing each other about accents and culture and stuff when I noticed Evan again, hiding under the same present table. There were hardly any gifts on the table itself however which broke my heart, considering this was his birthday party.

"Uhm, Mike? Did you give your brother a gift?" I asked, breaking up our previous conversation. Michael scoffed.

"Of course I did, I'm his brother but I think he takes it for granted." He explained, turning to the side and looking in the same direction as me. "Look, he's under that damn table again, what a pussy."

I frowned. "Hey, your brother literally did nothing wrong."

Mike shrugged. "Yeah well he shouldn't be so scared of those animatronics, they're harmless, I literally watched my father and Henry build them."

I raised my eyebrows. "Henry?" I was guessing this was Williams co-worker or whatever.

"Yeah, he's my father's work partner, they started up this business together a few years ago." He explained, gesturing to the restaurant. I nodded. To be honest, they've done really well with the success of this restaurant, this place was packed. It had a really cool, unique design too. I was starting to like it a lot actually.

"That's really cool." I breathed, glancing around the busy restaurant.

"Yeah... uhm, since you're here and there's not much to do, why don't we start that date early?" Michael asked hesitantly but he failed to wipe that wide smirk off of his face. I rolled my eyes.