fifteen - unexpected visitor

April 7th 1983.

Me and B/N were home alone for the rest of the day. Grandma had left the house to go shopping but she was an old lady after all, she was probably going to take hours.

I did offer to go with her but she hit me with her usual, 'I am not an old woman, I'm only seventy five!'. She literally said that any time I offered to help her with something but I did it anyway even if she refused my help. I had nothing better to do to be honest.

I had hung out with Terry for the past few days, going thrifting for unnecessary shit, buying punches and possibly spiked drinks, hanging around the wet school's football pitch and swearing at boys who called Terry a slut. Those might of been one of the most funniest four days of my life I had experienced during these short three months while living in this tiny dull town.

We both decided to take a break as we refused to go home before ten at night. If these late nights were happening now, I bet we'll be up until midday the next day in summer.

I was actually really excited for summer. It meant more time outside with Terry, maybe we could make more friends? We could hang about the beach in tiny tops and shorts. We could go hiking, explore the abandoned arcade down the road. But of course I had to get through another couple months of school and exams and who knows what else until I can finally properly get to enjoy myself.

---

It was around midday, the weather wasn't bad, it was a bit cloudy and cool to be honest. I was cleaning up the living room because grandma asked me. B/N was watching cartoons on TV while I vacuumed the carpet. He kept continuously whining about how the vacuum rumbled loudly as I drove it across the dirty cream rug.

"Y/N, will you just shut up? I'm trying to watch The Smurfs here." B/N complained for possibly the tenth time already, moving his head frantically side to side to try see the small TV screen. I groaned in frustration, switching off the vacuum quickly and throwing my hands in the air.

"It's not my fault this damn vacuum is so loud!" I exclaimed, irritated by B/N's constant protests against the vacuum cleaner. What did the vacuum ever do to him?

I pulled out the plug from the wall and slowly started making my way towards the laundry room with the vacuum at my hand when the doorbell decided to ring loudly and give me a heartattack.

"Jesus." I muttered under my breath, almost dropping the heavy vacuum on my feet. I realised that B/N was too swept in with the TV that I had to go answer it myself. It was probably the mailman, or possibly Terry, as much as I knew off the top of my heart that she always slept in, just like me.

The figure standing behind the blurry door was tall with messy hair. I had no idea who the hell was it but I just presumed it was the mailman. I don't think B/N has any friends does he? Not that I know of at least.

I groaned as I undid all the locks on the door, opening it up hesitantly with a forced smile.

"B/N, why can't you answer for once?" I murmured under my breath, completely oblivious of who I had just opened the door to. When my eyes finally fell on the figure, my smile immediately fell.

Why wasn't I surprised?

"Michael?" I scoffed with disbelief, I looked behind him but no one was there except him. None of his friends, no one. I quickly snapped shut the door, just so B/N didn't have to hear whatever of a conversation was about to begin. Why was Michael constantly popping up at my house? He has friends doesn't he not? What if grandma was at home? That mullet head could of messed up big time. "What are you doing here?" I finally asked flatly.