forty seven - meet: mom

July 7th 1993.

Los Angeles, California.

Tomorrow was mom's birthday, and I wasn't sure if I was keen or not in visiting her but she was my mother, I had no choice but to love her. Plus, she's changed over the years, and for the better. I was starting to treat her like my best friend.

Michael had decided to come with me, and I had a big suspicion he wanted to come to 'get away from everything' because I knew Michael, him and running away were the bestest of mates. I swear he loved running away more than he loved me. Backstabber.

He had assured me that everything was fine and that he was okay with coming but I was still slightly concerned over his words the previous night. If he was only telling everything he said to Evan now, then what the hell happened that was making him feel like that?

As much as I had been anxious about returning to my home city, feeling the warm breeze hit my face, the bright sunlight blinding me the second we stepped out the airplane was a different feeling. I was finally home.

Michael probably hadn't seen many big cities in his life, as he was probably grown up in small towns throughout his years of living. First England, he claimed he came from a smaller town which wasn't London, then up to Hurricane in Utah. Los Angeles was a huge city, it was the biggest in all of California. No wonder Michael was slightly surprised at all the bright billboards that covered the streets and the amount of cars passing by at once. It was adorable, the way his mouth pressed into an 'O' as we drove by the busy roads in a taxi; I couldn't resist kissing it with a giggle.

---

I took a deep breath before knocking on the front door of my mother's small apartment. I had lived there my entire life, all my childhood, my teenage life, after I moved back from Hurricane. This door, was my entire life.

"You okay?" Michael asked behind me quietly, taking a step forward so that he stood beside me; wrapping his hand around my waist and pulling me flush to his side. I let out a heavy sigh, my eyes widening when the rattle of the locks started to echo all around me.

"Yeah..." I breathed. "Just a bit-"

"Y/N!"

Mom appeared in the doorway with a large smile spreading across her face, leaping onto me with her arms outstretched and almost making me drop my bags. And this was a fifty year old woman we were talking about, weren't her legs going to buckle and collapse or something?

"Y/N oh honey I've missed you, it's been so long!"

"I've missed you too mom."

She attacked me with kisses on my cheek, making me giggle uncontrollably. I watched as Michael chuckled in front of me as mom held me tightly, practically squeezing my organs out. I stuck my tongue out at him, getting a quite rude but hilarious face of his in return.

Mom pulled away eventually, staring at me with awe before her gaze switched to Michael, her grin widening even more.

"Oh dear!" She exclaimed happily, attacking Michael with a hug as well which he gasped at: making me collapse into a fit of laughter. "Is this that boyfriend you were talking about?" She questioned as she pulled away, holding Michael tightly as she inspected him. "Oh he's handsome Y/N, where'd you find him? You never told me where you met!"

I giggled, picking up my abandoned bag from the floor. "We'll explain everything when we get inside, you're very excited."

She scoffed, opening the door wider so that both me and Michael could enter. "Oh don't be ridiculous Y/N, I'm your mother. Why wouldn't I be excited if you've been piling information on me about your boyfriend and not actually showing me who he is?!"