IV. Dug my own Grave

IT WASN'T ODD THAT CIELLE was crazy

Red eyes under brown hair. Although I had grown up with three brothers that were handsome, and I was handsome too! But, Alex had something else, something different that opened my heart.

"You're handsome."

I accidentally said what I thought out loud. He was really handsome but he scared me a bit too. So he was going to kill me with that handsome face?

As the red eyes came closer I hid behind my sister. But I succeeded in getting his attention. Alex would have to look towards her.

Unlike my white suit which matched my mother's, Alex and Clara's golden clothes made them look like couples. Now the only thing that was left was for them to fall in love at first sight.

But surprisingly, Alex talked to me first.

"It's the emperor's gift, please accept it yourself Young Master, Ciel Valentine."

"Clara's going to accept it for me."

"Come on, Ciel."

I wasn't going to behave like the original story because I wanted to live but I thought that if I behave like this, Clara's going to shine more. Clara didn't suspect a thing and she was going to take the gift for me.

Come on, be disappointed in me and fall in love with my sister.

I was already excited that my evil plan of making Clara and the prince get together would work.

But...

"Young Master, Ciel Valentine, I'm talking to you right now."

Huh?

This wasn't part of the plan.

The Prince didn't even look at Clara and those red eyes were fixed at me. I couldn't see any emotion behind those eyes. I got goosebumps thinking that that person could be my enemy.

Don't talk to me please, I'm not ready to die!

I didn't want to get killed by my favorite character. But this scene was the most important one; where the hero and the heroine met.

'I guess this is what a standoff is.'

I hid behind Clara's dress again. Isaac must have sensed that there was something wrong or something and he interfered.

"I'm sorry Your Highness, but my brother doesn't handle strangers well. He's still a child, please forgive him."

"I entered the Academy with top grades at his age. He isn't exactly what I would call Young."

What does this idiot want from an eight year old? Because of the author's twisted sense of reality I was being treated as a dimwit.

Dang it, I guess I lost this round. I came out from behind my sister and gave a small bow.