XIV. Older Sister

THE IMPERIAL PALACE'S INNER HALLWAY, which was decorated with marble, had eagle engravings in several places

THE IMPERIAL PALACE'S INNER HALLWAY, which was decorated with marble, had eagle engravings in several places. I didn't realize it until I saw the golden vase in the corridor and the huge portrait hanging at the stairwell's entrance that my eyes had moved quite high.

As I walked down the hallway, I noticed something strange.

If I leave the mansion, at least four maids will accompany me, including Merrill, my closest maid.

Even Clara has two maids close by to keep her safe.

But despite his status as a Prince, Alex had no attendant following him.

That wasn't the only thing. The attendants bowed their heads slightly as we walked down the hallway, but at the same time, they seemed to ignore the two of us.

Alex continued on his way without looking back. Is there actually no one in the Imperial Palace who supports Alex?

The Prince came to a halt after walking for a long time and arriving at an empty location.

Alex turned and looked at me after checking that no one was watching. What was the point of getting me here?

He finally managed to say something after a long time.

"The papers you gave me last time were very useful."

I looked up at Alex's face. Alex looks like the Emperor, just as Theo looks like our father.

It's not surprising that he's strong since his father was a swordmaster. Alex will get stronger as time goes by. He is the most powerful person in history, but because he was still young, he was treated poorly in the Palace.

"I'm glad it helped."

"Exactly as you said, this certainly worked out in my favor. I'll say thank you for now."

If you're thankful, all you have to say is "thank you." So why are you using the word "now"? What else do you have to be grateful for?

Well, since I did something useful this time, I need to make sure that he doesn't forget about it.

"You're very grateful, aren't you?"

"I'm no longer thankful after hearing that."

That's despicable. However, becoming annoyed like this would threaten the plan to form alliances with the future ruler. So I just smiled and slowly pretended to be close to him.

"If you're just grateful, tell me honestly that you're grateful, Future Crown Prince."

Alex stared at me with a confused expression as I poked him in the ribs.

"The future Crown Prince? Do you think I can be the Crown Prince?"

Of course, I believe it is possible if my father helps and sees his promising future.