XII. Love Interest

IF YOU'RE GOING TO AIM to be the next Emperor, you have to choose carefully

IF YOU'RE GOING TO AIM to be the next Emperor, you have to choose carefully. None of the nobles' daughters at yesterday's banquet was worthy of being considered the Crown Princess of the Empire.

Clara, the older daughter of House Valentine, was the highest in status; but since she is a foster daughter, it is too much to expect full support from the Valentine's, even if it's for the sake of the Emperor.

If you are going to bring the woman you want into the Palace as the Crown Princess, you need to make greater efforts to become the Crown Prince in the future.

But Alex was not particularly finding a Crown Princess, he was looking for his Crown Prince.

When his son intentionally gave him room to misunderstand, the Emperor asked back with a pensive gaze.

"I don't know if it's the kid I think it is."

"Maybe it's the one father has in mind, or maybe not."

"What?"

Alex deliberately caused confusion with an ambiguous answer. If his attempt is successful, the boy who loves her sister will also step into the Palace.

It's not too late to find out more about why he helped him and what he wants. He saved his words, leaving a moderate margin for the Emperor.

"I know it's too early. But it's safe to just make an announcement."

The vague answers were mixed. Alex's cautious approach was quite serious. This much means that it is not a joke at least, so the Emperor clicked his tongue while looking at him seriously.

"I can't believe you're trying to go on a difficult path. I don't have the confidence to help you either."

"I know it's not easy to get what you want."

"You must be pretty confident, though."

He spoke humble words with his mouth, but his expression was not at all. Alex stared at his father with a calm face.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

CLARA'S SOCIAL DEBUT ended safely. Count Ruben screamed and ran, so I thought things would get bigger, but fortunately, the fact that I and Louis went out was quietly buried in the dark.

On the weekend morning, at breakfast time with the whole family, my father belatedly congratulated Clara on her debut.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't keep my promise, Clara."

"No, Father. Brother Theo and Isaac escorted me."

"I know, right?. Everyone's talking about our Clara."