XXXII. End of my Death Flag

ALEX HESITATED FOR A MOMENT, then asked me, as if my praise was not enough

"So this, this is just hypothetical. If you were to choose, who do you think would be better?"

Are they even comparable? With Alex in front of me, who is subtly looking for a response[1], I decided to compare the two of them openly.

Appearance; Alex wins. Stan was pretty, too, but he couldn't beat Alex, who was overflowing with masculine beauty.

Talent; Alex wins. Unlike Grand Duke Stan, who still couldn't get out from behind his mother's skirt, Alex has been playing a part in the battlefield since early on.

And the most important: personality.

Of course, Alex wins. Personality is worth ten times the extra points for Alex, simply because he never forced me to do something I don't like.

If it's scored like that, it's almost obvious who would be the winner.

"Of course, it's Alex."

The skill I thought would only work on my family, worked smoothly. The corners of Alex's mouth, which were in a straight line until now, rose slightly.

'Is it possible for a cold, handsome man, who is usually as cold as frost, to be so sweet when he smiles?'

I smiled with him because of his piercing gaze.

"I didn't know you liked me that much."

"I've liked you so much since long ago."

Well, he was my favorite character. Oh, I've been too honest. Alex's face turned a little red, perhaps because he was weak to compliments.

Seeing him embarrassed, it felt different from our Isaac[2].

If I told Isaac this, he would make a fuss, but Alex, who was very dignified, raised my hand slightly and kissed me on the back of my hand.

"Yo–Your Highness?"

Even after his slightly rough lips fell, he still lowered his head and stared at me right in front of his nose.

The warm sunshine shone like a halo behind Alex's back. A light kiss as a greeting was courtesy, so it wasn't weird to share a light kiss on the hand even with family.

But now it felt different because he was my favorite character in the novel. I received this from the male lead, and I was very happy. Alex was so graceful even while doing such an insignificant action, like a kiss on the back of my hand.

"Thank you for liking me."

Okay. So this is the end of my death flag, but wait a minute? Did I hear wrong just now?

I stopped thinking for a moment when Alex smiled brightly in front of me.

'Why is he doing this to me all of a sudden?'