XX. Louis Valentine

ALEX HAS NEVER HAD A FRIENDS  BEFORE, so it's a huge improvement to say this

ALEX HAS NEVER HAD A FRIENDS BEFORE, so it's a huge improvement to say this. But since we were beaten, some sort of camaraderie formed between us.

I was worried about getting a strange flag, but I was willing to shake hands.

"Yeah. Let's be friends."

"A friend."

"What did you say?"

"No, nothing."

Because he was mumbling in such a low voice, I couldn't understand what he was saying. He gladly accepted my hand and exaggerated his strength to crush it.

"My father made up his mind too since the head of Valentine came forward first, I think the Crown Prince's coronation will pass safely through the parliament."

"That's a relief. How's the Queen doing these days?"

"It's quiet at the moment, thanks to you what happened last time is known."

He was a little thin, but seeing no signs of being slapped on the face, it seems that the bullying has stopped.

The wind blew Alex's hair. If my light blond hair resembles the early afternoon sun, his navy hair suggests the darkness of the deep night.

A large night sky where countless stars will be embroidered, colored blue at dawn. I smiled as I looked into the red eyes that glowed moistly beneath.

"Thank you for coming here intentionally. Would you like to go inside and have a cup of tea?"

"I'm here secretly today, so let's have a taste of it next time."

"You came secretly?"

"No matter how many countries one has, your father and your three brothers are a little scary."

Yeah, the men in our family are a little scary. I'm the only person who is well behaved. Ahem– Not to mention my dad and my second brother, my first and third brothers are on my side too, but they pretend not to.

That was the end of our conversation. I was able to sneakily see him off without being caught by my maid because I said I wanted to be alone with my sister.

That's how we got on the same boat[1].

At the New Year's ball, the year after Alex won the patronage of Duke Valentine. The Emperor reached a conclusion on the problem he had been delaying.

"I, Gregory III, the star of the Empire, shall designate my only son, Alex Hadram, as Crown Prince."

With the appointment of Alex as Crown Prince, the order of succession to the throne, which had only been discussed, had been made official. Under the Imperial Law, which does not yet recognize the succession of women's titles, Alex will succeed if the Emperor dies.