IX. Envelope

AFTER GETTING OFF THE CARRIAGE, I took Isaac's hand and looked around

I walked for a while and searched where Clara's debut would be, but I couldn't tell where it was because the sun was already setting.

Me and Louis held hands tightly and followed only Isaac, who knew the imperial palace like the back of his hand.

"Let's go through the back door so we won't get caught by mother."

Perhaps because he had been in and out of the Imperial Palace while training to be a knight, Isaac took the two of us into the back door of the Rose Hall where the ball was held.

"Wow. Pretty."

"Hold on a second. Louis, you have to keep Ciel in check." Isaac went to the lookout and we stayed in the background and observed the garden.

If the historic Duke of Valentine boasts a mid-to-late look, the imperial palace was up-to-date to the taste of the Emperor.

"Ciel, look at this!"

"What's that?'

Louis, who found something, called me. There were traces of something buried under the soil of the garden.

Oh, did you find something? At any rate, I squatted and dug the dirt, admiring the talent of our youngest brother, who had a brilliant mind and a keen eye.

"Then the worm comes out?" I said sarcastically and Louis pretends to be innocent and steps back.

"I'm not scared at all. Oh, what's this?" I was curious about what was buried, so I searched hard and found a paper bag inside.

This is a bit ominous. Sensing the crisis, Louis quickly took the envelope from my hand.

"Give it to me....Personnel verification file for candidates on behalf of the next Secretary of State. What's this?"

"What?"

I did, but maybe I did get something dangerous. The foreboding grew stronger. Louis has yet to understand the exact meaning of such difficult words even though he can read them aloud.

But I'm different. Because I have adult knowledge as it is.

"Wait, give it to me."

I quickly stole the document with my eyes. Even if you read it roughly, it's not something that's meant to be buried here.

"What are you guys doing there?" Louis and I looked up at the man standing behind us, his hands full of dirt.

Yikes. I think we're screwed.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───