XXXVIII. Motive

"COME ON, BROTHER

"COME ON, BROTHER. What's going on these days? Your face doesn't look too good."

"Ciel."

Ciel and Clara's entrance to the Palace was scheduled for later after their family trip. In celebration of Clara's official employment, they decided to go on a family trip to their newly purchased summer villa.

Traveling was like a battlefield, so Isaac would come if they asked him to, but it wasn't easy to bring it up hastily. Isaac couldn't bring himself to speak out and stared at his brother.

On the day of his formal knighthood, Isaac made a secret vow. For the warmth of his cute hand, that held his finger tightly, and for that innocent smile to last forever.

His sword was there to protect Ciel's happiness, and he couldn't erase the feeling of getting further away from his beloved brother.

"Are you having a hard time training these days? You look very tired."

"It's fine. Whenever I see Ciel's face, all the tiredness goes away."

"Hey, how could you say that? You must be very tired today, so I'll massage your shoulders."

Sweet Ciel wouldn't leave the troubled Isaac alone. What a lovely little brother he was. No matter how hard he tried not to show it, his beloved brother's eyes couldn't be deceived. Isaac hesitated and carefully brought it up.

"Actually, I have a tourney this week."

"A tourney?"

"It's a tournament where we compete."

"Yes, I know what that is. Didn't you win every time?"

He had never told him, but Ciel already knew the result. In front of a surprised Isaac, Ciel smiled brightly.

"I know everything."

"Ciel."

"You're the strongest among your peers, right?"

Although he had never shown off his skills or talked about them in front of Ciel, his beloved brother praised Isaac's skills as if he had known for a long time.

"I want Ciel to come and cheer for me this time, but it's too much, right?"

"What's too much? I went to Louis's grade test last time."

"Could you come?"

"What's so hard about it? It's not just for anyone else, it's for Isaac."

He didn't expect it, but Ciel had already begun preparations, counting the days on his fingers.

"I'll bake some cookies. I'd like to take this opportunity to see how strong my brother is."

Isaac nodded excitedly at the unexpected suggestion. If Ciel supported him in person, he wouldn't lose to anyone in front of Ciel.