XXVI. Offer

I SNEAKED A PEEK AT ALEX, who was sitting next to me

I SNEAKED A PEEK AT ALEX, who was sitting next to me. How wonderful it is to drink black tea so gracefully, and even the outline of the tea passing through his throat had an alluring atmosphere.

"You're quite mature now."

There were so many stories waiting to be told after finally meeting after a year. I feigned innocence and gave Alex a scolding.

"Your Highness, too, has changed so much that I don't think I'd recognize you if I run into you on the street."

"Is it that bad?"

I was joking, but Alex, who's always serious about everything, looked at himself in wonder. I burst into laughter when I saw it.

It was dizzying to think about what would have happened if he hadn't come, so I offered snacks with gratitude.

"Just kidding, there's no way I wouldn't recognize you."

Alex accepted the cookies I had handed him and he handed me some in return.

"You deserve to show off."

By interacting with us, Alex, who had been a loner all his life, learned how to treat people well little by little.

Having a good friend expands one's world, so I sincerely praised Alex.

"You were out on the battlefield but now you're a little more honest."

"It's going to get harder and harder."

Now that Alex is back, the Empress will start moving in earnest. So we have to come up with our own strategy.

"As you suggested last time, I'd like to invite Lady Clara as my exclusive pharmacist."

He finally asked about what I had alluded to in my last letter.

Sister's rich knowledge of herbs is helpful to Alex. Also, if she becomes the youngest pharmacist in the Royal Palace, her success will be guaranteed.

There is no better option than this to get a job for big sister and solve the male lead's problems at once.

"If that's the case, there's nothing more I'd like. There's been a lot of trouble these days because my sister has more and more suitors each day."

That is not a joke. Most of the guys who came almost every other day or two didn't really care about my sister, but most of the time they came just because of the Valentine name.

My brother Theo is ten, twenty, or a million times better than such poor people. If she had to commute to and from the palace, she wouldn't be able to date other people especially if she was busy.

It's absolutely unacceptable unless it's the Crown Prince or the future Duke at least. I know that the path of the true female lead in a ropan[1] is a long and rough road, but I was willing to enter into a deal with the Crown Prince just for my sister's future.