XXVII. Lavender Cream

IT WAS ALREADY QUITE LATE after all that talk

IT WAS ALREADY QUITE LATE after all that talk. After confirming that Louis had decided to stay home, Alex began preparing to return.

"Your Highness, hold on."

It bothered me to just let him go. I took Alex by his hand and brought him to my room.

My cool room, decorated in black and white, always smelled good. I rummaged through one of the drawers and found the lavender-scented hand cream my sister had made for me.

"Take this one and use it."

"What's this?"

When I opened the round lid, the scent of lavender spread out. I scooped the white cream with my finger and put it on his palm.

Now he can spread it on his own, but he continued looking at me without moving.

"What do we do now?"

"This is how you do it."

He's not even a child, but I spread it thoroughly from the back of his hand to his fingers.

Before we knew it, our hands smelled of the same lavender.

"It's moist, isn't it? Sister made it for me."

"Can you really give me something so precious?"

"Your hand is more of a problem right now."

The hand holding the sword is bound to get rough, but if he doesn't take care of his hands like this, they'll be so pitiful.

He clasped my hand cream and gently put his hand on my head. A subtle lavender scent rose from Alex's hand.

"I am always indebted to you."

"I really appreciate what happened today."

"I just did what I had to do. Excuse me."

If you're going to give Sister a present, it'd be better to give it to her yourself. Seeing that he's here just to deliver the seedlings, the two seem to be pure friends.

"Think about my proposal carefully."

The original is just the original, and since the other side has started moving[1], it might be safe for me to enter the Imperial Palace with my sister. So Alex left me to think over the difficult problem and went back to the Imperial Palace.

Early in the evening, Theo came back. I grabbed Louis and went to meet big brother Theo.

"You idiot, if you promise to be nice to me and betray me later, I'll really die."

"What a jerk, so where the hell did you go, leaving me alone?"

"It's... it's nothing for you to know."

I already know where you went. Even before taking the grade test, Louis was making pocket money in earnest by walking around the back alleys and making contact with an information guild.