XXIII. The Duke's Power

THEO IS THE ELDEST SON, so he needs to be aware of his personality

THEO IS THE ELDEST SON, so he needs to be aware of his personality. Then it suddenly occurred to me.

If Clara really doesn't like Alex, I hope Theo gets a chance.

Knowing that countless people confess to Clara, Theo has never revealed his heart directly.

"Theo, are you free for a second?"

"Come on in."

Clara came in right on time. She smiled happily when she saw me sitting next to Theo.

"Ciel was here, too."

"I was here to ask Theo something. He kindly answered me."

I deliberately praised my older brother in front of Clara.

"Theo is always kind. Speaking of which, can you take a look at this contract?"

"Oh, right! I have to talk about something with Isaac!"

I let a shy Theo be alone with Clara.

He glanced at me and winked as if grateful.

Come to think of it, the two of them seem to fit together quite well.

After returning to the room, I sat at my desk and felt troubled. Anyways, the atmosphere between the two seemed very strange.

"Shall I just hook you up with Theo?"

Their looks and personality match well; they were even the official couple that the writer had pushed for until Alex appeared.

Given the background that others are unaware of, I am confident that I will be able to successfully twist the original story. So now I've ventured to touch the love line of the original.

I don't know if Clara has a crush on Alex, but if not, there's no need to push her. What's wrong with the pitiful sub-guy taking the lead?

Moreover, considering the personalities of Mom and Dad, I don't think they'll have a problem with that. Theo will be the next Duke of Valentine and spend his whole life looking only at Clara.

In fact, if that happens, I will feel sorry for Alex who lost his original lover, but I think we can somehow move on from the past.

"Now that we're friends."

Our fellowship didn't stop even while he was at the front lines. I sent a letter of consolation to Alex with my sister's help.

"Come to think of it, when was the last time I wrote to him?"

The letter I sent last time should've arrived safely by now. I was worried about it, counting the days with my fingers.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚.───

SPRING ON THE NORTHERN PLAINS facing the front lines is late. Standing on the wall, Alex looked at the smoke rising over the mountain.