XLVII. Intentional

"THEY'VE DEPARTED

"THEY'VE DEPARTED."

The Valentines' new summer villa was located near Lake Nescal, quite far from the capital.

In order to avoid being noticed by Duke Valentine, Stan purposely followed about half a day behind them.

Setting off at dawn, they had just passed Lake Nescal when they spotted something flying over a ridge.

"What is that?"

"Duke Valentine?"

It passed by so quickly that they almost thought they had imagined it. His men hadn't been able to recognize them, but Stan had.

Flying through the air, the brown-haired man and the blonde woman were definitely Ciel's parents, Duke and Duchess Valentine.

He had boasted of being eagled-eyed while stalking Ciel countless times. Stan instinctively realized that an opportunity had presented itself.

"Your Highness. A call has come in requesting that you return to the capital as soon as possible."

It seemed that something had happened in the capital.

The report of Marquis Baldr's death was heard through a magic tool.

The younger brother of Marquis Baldr was set to become the next Marquis Baldr. He had been on bad terms with his older brother, who had died of alcohol consumption, so it wouldn't really be a problem if Stan didn't attend the funeral.

"Tell them I can't go because I'm injured."

Stan gave an order to his men, then glanced down at his legs. He wanted to get closer to Ciel, but he needed an appropriate excuse to do so.

Despite the risk, there was only one way Stan could think of.

'Surely he wouldn't ignore a patient with an injured leg?'

If the Grand Duke came to their villa after injuring his leg while hunting nearby and they kicked him out, then there was a good chance that Princess Lotte would push for marriage, saying that they needed to take responsibility because it was their fault that her son was hurt.

If it really turned out that way, then Stan had nothing to fear. One way or another, Stan had to meet with Ciel and have a proper conversation with him before he formed a special bond with Alex. He swallowed hard and then looked down at his horse.

The sun had already begun setting over the mountains. He wouldn't just send the injured Grand Duke back at this late hour.

"Haaaah."

After letting out a long sigh, Stan intentionally jumped off of his horse. He made no attempt to break his fall.

"Urk!"

"Your Highness!"

Along with his scream, excruciating pain washed over him. His men shouted as they ran over to him. His ankle was sprained quite seriously thanks to his intentional fall.