XXXVI. Resentment

ISAAC AND LOUIS CAME RUNNING only after the situation had settled

ISAAC AND LOUIS CAME RUNNING only after the situation had settled. Louis recognized Count Ruben, who had foamed at the mouth and collapsed.

"What? This guy was behind this?"

"Do you know him?"

"I told you before that the day Clara debuted, there was a guy who bullied Ciel and I beat him up."

He didn't exactly beat him, but it was a blow to a vital spot.

"Did you bully Ciel?"

The scary thing about Isaac was that he held a long grudge. Even more so if it was related to me.

"You're... my enemy... Louis Valentine...!"

"It is said that he is one step away from being kicked out by his wife after becoming a eunuch. You need money, so now you've even put your hands on something like this?"

Our Louis had a relationship with the information guild, so there was nothing he didn't know. Ruben's face heated up when his disgrace was revealed to the world.

"Hey, you get rid of this bastard... Ugh!"

"What a good job you do at screaming!"

Isaac grabbed Count Ruben by the collar and dragged him out of the building.

We needed to investigate the mastermind, so I hope he keeps him alive. After some tidying up, I grabbed Alex's hand and headed to the backyard.

The backyard was full of the dark pink flowers that had disappeared from the last mansion.

It was dizzying to think that, if we were even a few days late, these flowers might have become drugs and spread throughout the capital.

"Is this all?"

"Probably. When I saw it last time it was about this much."

Oil was poured over the flowers to prevent them from blooming any longer.

"Mr. Heinz said it was a difficult seedling to grow, so he said he needed my help and brought all the supplies he had."

With the testimony of Clara, Count Ruben and his crew were safely arrested.

To be honest, I couldn't help but think that Marquis Romford and Queen Lotte were behind Count Ruben, but there was no clear evidence.

Even the man who moved with Count Ruben, and received the address from me, seemed to have known that this was drug-related, but the men from the countryside who tried to feed me green soup were taken by the soldiers while crying that they didn't know anything.

"We really didn't know."

"You're noisy, you bastards."

Somehow I felt pity for them.